This thread is for the ladies only!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is for the ladies only!

Despite (or perhaps because of?) the thread title, I'm sure that just about every guy here has clicked on this thread...

Susan G. Komen 31 Days of Action

I pledged to do something to support the fight against breast cancer and this is it. Early detection is an important part of defeating breast cancer, but there are so many women that are actually ignorant about what to look for.

This is a legitimate public service announcement, but it's probably not safe for work. NSFW unless you're allowed to see bare breasts in a clinical situation.

http://www.checkoutmybreasts.com/

This thread is not a joke, nor is it for the titillation of men. It's about a serious subject and I urge everyone that reads this to pass this on in any forum that women might read. Just because YOU know how to conduct a self exam does not mean that your female coworkers/friends/family do... Spread the word.

Oh, and if any guys have gotten this far and have been to the site, you're welcome. ;) Who says public service announcements have to be dull and boring?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: This thread is for the ladies only!

Firstly, ... couldn't they have gotten a normal looking girl to do this? I don't know, it just seems like for something as non-commercial as a PSA, they wouldn't have to have chosen some model with terrible acting skills to boot. Maybe I'm just bitter, ... poor skinny blonde topless girl must have it rough ...

Secondly, and, I'm sure I won't be alone on this, ... When I clicked the button that said "Make sure that one breast hasn't become larger or lower than the other" ... I laughed my butt off. I can guarantee that at least 80% of women have one breast that already IS larger or lower than the other, making this something that's not only difficult to check for, ... but almost laughable. I know that personally, it'd be impossible to tell.

My family physician told me about the importance of Breast Cancer Awareness when I was 13 or 14, and taught me how to do regular self-exams. I'm under the impression that it's a common practice, which is a very very good thing.

And lastly, ...

Originally posted by CingularDuality
    This thread is not a joke, nor is it for the titillation of men.
    :GROAN:

;)

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle
      Firstly, ... couldn't they have gotten a normal looking girl to do this?
      I'm sure that they could have used computer graphics instead of a real woman, but that they were kinda hoping that people would spread the word based on how she looked.
      Secondly, and, I'm sure I won't be alone on this, ... When I clicked the button that said "Make sure that one breast hasn't become larger or lower than the other" ... I laughed my butt off. I can guarantee that at least 80% of women have one breast that already IS larger or lower than the other, making this something that's not only difficult to check for, ... but almost laughable. I know that personally, it'd be impossible to tell.
      The important thing is to check for changes.
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

There are two kinds of women. Those who have breast cancer, and those who are scared to death of it. Breasts were the first thing that made them feel like a woman. And that video is what it means to be a healthy woman.

I have a feeling they're gonna sell a LOT of those bullseye t-shirts, and I can't wait until Tom Lykis picks up on it for Flash Friday.
        -- Shroom
        I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

nice hit on the woman doing that..... i had to do ikt twice though first time i didnt have a note pad...lmao

kidding forwarded to friend via email....guys and gals.

to be honest, the hot girl and the checkoutmybreasts.com i think are to get men to watch it aswell... why because guys have girlfriends, and wives, (and even daughters who would want to see this.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Very serious subject, good post. My mother-in-law was just diagnosed with breast cancer last week. We found out Wednesday and on Thursday she learned that she has to have a mastectomy, happening on June 1st of this year. I think she's around 62. It's rough, my wife took the news pretty hard. My wife is adopted so she asked her birth mother about it. It runs in her family too. 2 days before my wife found out about her mom's cancer she had a very vivid dream that she herself had breast cancer.

Scary stuff, hope the ladies stay on top of this and check often.

Comment

ok no joke intended or inuendo...
              #

but often the boyfriend or husband is a good person to check.... or know what to look for at least. i am soo lucky i dont think anyone in my family have suffered with this kind of cancer... however a couple have had different kinds.... and i feel for you man... if its in the family it will always be a worry... good luck.....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                ok no joke intended or inuendo...
                #

but often the boyfriend or husband is a good person to check.... or know what to look for at least.
                Seriously, you are very right. There's no reason why you can't have a bit of fun while doing this! You're also right about having a pretty, smiling, young lady on that website. I'm sure that this site will be viewed by MANY more people because of that, and that's a good thing.

My brother in law's mother just had a mastectomy and one of my coworkers was just diagnosed with a cancerous lump in her breast. This is no joking matter.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

My mother has defeated breast cancer, and I subliminally used the methods on checkoutmybreasts.com while doing undisclosed actions with umm..., you know who.

Comment

Any idea if anyone's planning a similar site for prostate or testicular cancer?
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                      This, ... makes a beautiful point.

As important as Breast Cancer Awareness is, I still can't shake the 'playing to the "BOOBZ LOL" crowd' feeling of this site.

Ladies, talk to your doctor about Breast Cancer and how to check yourself out, schedule a mammogram if you think something might be up.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle
                        I still can't shake the 'playing to the "BOOBZ LOL" crowd' feeling of this site.
                        Perhaps, but it ensures that the site gets passed around the Net quickly.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey

ooooooh he went there....... no good point.... but damn in not watching some guy playing with his balls on the internet....

+

doctor says play with your balls to see if there is a lump..... i have my hand on my balls whil im watching the football slumped in the chair...lol

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Lets get back the seriousness of this thread. I know few ladies who have had breast cancer and its really nothing to joke about. It changes lives forever, be it death or defeat. The best thing for guys to do is show support for breast cancer awareness, and make sure others know the effects of it. Breast cancer and ovarian cancer run wild in my wifes family, so it could be something we might have to face later down the road.
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Humor is a coping mechanism for pain and fear. How important and dire breast cancer is is reflected by the degree of "whistling in the grave yard" that we see.

And you'll note that there was no smiley in my post #10. I'm old enough to have to start worrying about various cancers "down there". Demystifying this stuff and creating an atmosphere where we can openly talk about it without shame is important.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X