X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I laugh at people calling FOX News 'objective'

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/10.html#a8233
    Here is the direct link to the video.

I normally try and stay out of this whole section of politics due to how jaded I am about it, but I caught this episode of the Daily Show and felt it was worth mentioning.

But hey, calling Rumsfeld out on a blatant lie is the direct definition of "heckling," right?

Re: Why I laugh at people calling FOX News 'objective'

This coverage here airs the entire conversation.

Comment

Politicians lie because people let them. I saw a story on CNN about Rumsfeld's statement that they "know where WMD's are"... they showed video of it from 2003. Then showed a couple of 2006 press conferences of Rumsfeld denying he ever said that. You'd think there would be an uproar about this, but people just accept the ever-changing justification for entering Iraq.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Orwell gets it right again. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^>
          You'd think there would be an uproar about this, but people just accept the ever-changing justification for entering Iraq.
          The uproar is evident in the President's sliding approval rating. This represents the people's opinion on the broader issue of a Presidential administration (that includes secretary of defense Rumsfeld) that went to war based on crooked and incomplete intelligence.

This is a great story, I love to see Rumsfeld get rattled like this. He used to be a lot more self-righteous and vindictive, but lately with all the resignation talk I think he's just wearing down and wants out.

Comment

I don't believe the polls, I think they're over-used as an indicator. I'll believe change when I see it.
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely
              The uproar is evident in the President's sliding approval rating. This represents the people's opinion on the broader issue of a Presidential administration (that includes secretary of defense Rumsfeld) that went to war based on crooked and incomplete intelligence.
              I think the sliding approval rating can be directly attributed to the President's foolish stance on immigration enforcement. No other issue is driving the conservative base away like that.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                I think the sliding approval rating can be directly attributed to the President's foolish stance on immigration enforcement. No other issue is driving the conservative base away like that.
                I think it's Iraq more than anything in most American communities, especially those with soldiers abroad. But you are right in that immigration certainly isn't helping him.

"The survey offered no details on which issues hurt Bush the most. Other public opinion polls show that concern over rising gasoline and health care costs, along with dissatisfaction over the war in Iraq, have sapped Bush's popularity."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...ur5XU&refer=us

Comment

I think it's the combination of gas prices and the Iraq war. Plus, people are just tired of him.
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

That was a good segment. One of the best parts of the Daily Show (which is thankfully being used more and more lately) is when they run clips of administration officials directly contradicting themselves. It's really amazing that TDS is just about the *only* mainstream media outlet that runs those contradictions.

But of course, questioning our leaders, regardless of how inept or out of touch with reality they may be, in a time of war threatens the civilian leadership, kills American soldiers, and emboldens the enemy. So I'm conflicted about how to feel about this clip. ;)
                    Beatnik

Comment

From new WSJ poll showing 29% approval ratings for GWB:

Originally posted by WSJ
                      Iraq remains the main concern. Twenty-eight percent of Americans say it is one of the two most important topics, up from 23 percent in April, followed by immigration (16 percent) and the price of petrol (gasoline) (14 percent).
                      Bush is closing in on the unpopularity level of President
                      Richard Nixon (24 percent) at the moment of his resignation in 1974 over the Watergate scandal.
                      !!
                      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I think we're in a weird place right now that the polls haven't ever really measured. Like an earlier poster said, I'll believe change when I see it. I think of it like being on a long road trip. Yeah, I'm sick of being in the car, but I sure don't want to pull over or bail on the trip quite yet. We'll see how the mid-term goes.

Comment

:reads thread topic:

... Someone thinks FOX News is objective?

... Someone thinks any major news broadcasting company is objective?

Wow. I thought believing that went out with leg-warmers and scrunchies.

My bad. :x

Comment

Here:

Comment

Originally posted by Adrielle
                              :reads thread topic:
                              ... Someone thinks FOX News is objective?
                              You obviously haven't dealt with the average Texas denizen. There's a big difference between having a political "leaning" and "whoring one's self out to a political party." I honestly have to wonder if FOX news would spin "Bush eats living Mexican babies" as "Bush loves spending time with hispanics." In Fox's view, the Bush administration can do no wrong. A lot of people I talk to would list Fox as objective reporting.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X