• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would Jesus boo?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5006008.stm

Oy.

Re: What would Jesus boo?

Madonna has always been known to push taboos throughout her career. Especially concerning sex. This doesn't come as a shock to me really. I'm just trying to figure out what the cross is made out of.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

It doesn't come as a shock to me either. Just tacky and boring.

Comment

Yeah, her act is a little tired. I imagine she's just "reinventing" herself again?...

Comment

Well, it got a thirty something conservative man to post her picture in a site that concerns itself with online gaming. Pretty good stuff on her part.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

This 30 something (thank you) guy has also posted stories about dudes boning horses in Washington state. Same diff. Congrats Madonna.

Comment

You know you've made it when leejo posts it here :D
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                This 30 something (thank you) guy has also posted stories about dudes boning horses in Washington state. Same diff. Congrats Madonna.
                That'll be her next tour.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

I don't see why Christians are so pissed off. The Romans crucified a lot of people: not just Jesus.

It contained burning crosses and depicted a black Jesus.
                  I find it funny that this is considered offensive. Because there is about a .0002% chance that Jesus was actually white.

Comment

Do you think MADONNA was making a reference to the Romans' various execution methods or abusing a religious icon for her little commercial enterprise?

If she had any stones she'd poke a little fun at Islam.

FWIW I'm not pissed off, but I certainly understand how Church officials need to comment on something like this. It is offensive to take a thing one considers sacred and mock it, as she has done, for commercial gain. It's tacky and boring and offensive.

Comment

It's tacky and boring and offensive.
                      You are correct.

Comment

Do you think MADONNA was making a reference to the Romans' various execution methods or abusing a religious icon for her little commercial enterprise?
                        So? The Vatican's been milking the same cash cow for centuries. If I cared enough, I'd find that even more offensive. The Vatican is the largest and most influential business in the world for a reason.
                        If she had any stones she'd poke a little fun at Islam.
                        She should dress in the full covering dresses the women wear in the Islamic states. THAT would be comedy gold.
                        FWIW I'm not pissed off, but I certainly understand how Church officials need to comment on something like this. It is offensive to take a thing one considers sacred and mock it, as she has done, for commercial gain.
                        I think you're correct in this. The Vatican does enough mocking of Religion without Maddona getting involved.
                        I find Catholosism in general boring and offensive. It's all about death, fire, and brimestone. When your staple religious symbol is a white guy nailed to a cross, you've got issues.

I personally prefer the "Buddy Christ" imagery.

Comment

To you, perhaps. Others may appreciate the notion of rendering a Christian symbol into a meaningless, gaudy, larger-than-life stage prop. I'm not saying I do (this stuff has no bearing on me), but it's a point worth mentioning.

Unfortunately in Madonna's case, her participation in the holywood version of Kabalah only further illustrates her confusion when it comes to the concepts of religion and faith. If you ask me, practices such as that are the worst form of religious disservice (in this case, of Judaism).

However I still feel as though the artistic purpose deserves mention in this case.

Comment

People who think that being that disrespectful of other people's deep beliefs are tacky, boring, and offensive. As you point out, Madonna's..uh...goofy "spirituality" doesn't help her here.

Having said all this, I had lunch with one of my best friends, who is gay. He can't wait to see her. God that woman draws gay men to her like no-one since Cher.

Comment

Well, I'm not offended by any means. I just think her star is burning out and she's playing the religious card to get some press.

Hmmm Madonna...*yawn*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X