• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bordering on fraud

Good article on the immigration debate.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/colu...23/198423.html

Re: Bordering on fraud

I agreement there: it's another political smokescreen.

I think that the overall approach is flawed. In Boston, most of the janitorial, kitchen, and similar low skill, low pay, jobs are held by immigrants. We probably have mostly legals here (say 70%), although many are Salvadoreans on the TPS program.

I don't begrudge people coming in here for a better life: far from it-that's what we do in America.

But to give Temporary Permanent status to anyone that is in violation of the law flys in the face of the laws we uphold, and makes a mockery of the immigration system.

Comment

Perhaps our current immigration system and the laws which created them are worthy of mockery?
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Maybe they just need enforced?

99. A smiley face is not used to mark a minefield.
        100. Claymore mines are not filled with yummy candy, and it is wrong to tell new soldiers that they are.
        101. I am not allowed to mount a bayonet on a crew-served weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
          Perhaps our current immigration system and the laws which created them are worthy of mockery?
          Or perhaps it's just the lack of spine that our government has had in enforcing our immigration laws for the past twenty years?

The basis of our immigration laws is sound. The implementation of them is FUBAR'd.

Oh, and the article in the original post is a fantastically logical summary of the problems surrounding this issue. Great find, Leejo!
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Bordering On Fraud Part II

Comment

seriously leejo, i cant take so much truth in one week....space it out a bit

+rep, when im allowd
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

More really depressing information and commentary on the issue: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ight_sale.html

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X