Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oh yeah, RANT ON (or, "I wish my neighbors would hurry up and die")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh yeah, RANT ON (or, "I wish my neighbors would hurry up and die")

Warning: If you are easily offended, don't read on. I will not apologize for my feelings. :icon8:

So, any of you ever have the "neighbors from hell"? Well, I didn't until about 8 months ago. They are not white (from a country in Europe), but let me tell you, they are WHITE TRASH. How in the hell does white trash buy a $310,000 home?????

Everything seemed good when we first met them, although I had a feeling something was wrong with their oldest kid. He was way too hyper. Turns out he has been diagnosed with severe ADD. How would I know that you ask? I'll tell you how. They actually moved from the next street over. We have friends who lived a few houses down from them. Our friends are psychologists and they found a paper blowing through their yard, it was this kid's psychological evaluation. Nice paper to let out of your control, huh? This 7 year old is reckless and even threw a full size rake at my 6 year old daughter. They have a 4 year old too, just as reckless as the 7 year old. I just found out that several neighbors are starting to fear for the kids safety and are going to file anonymous reports with DSS. A child diagnosed with ADD should not be playing unsupervised with his father's construction tools, breaking glass bottles in the driveway, or playing "hide and seek" inside a washer and dryer sitting in the driveway. My wife wanted to get the kids out of the washer and dryer, but I'm a HUGE fan of natural selection and made her stay out of it :D

The next problem was their dog, a deep barking, heavy digging beagle. They let this thing run loose in the neighborhood and he liked to run into my yard and bark at my family, and worst of all he liked to dig in my gardens. The kicker is that they put an electric dog fence in the yard. I could hear Mr. Sub70 IQ saying "I spent all this money for the fence and it doesn't even work!" Yeah, well guess what Einstein? In order for the thing to work, YOU NEED TO PUT THE DAMN COLLAR ON YOUR WORTHLESS DOG!!!!!! Once Mr. Rocket Scientist figured out this magical piece of information, things went back to some sort of normalcy and the dog stayed in the yard.

In January of this year we had some really heavy winds that knocked down 4 sections of fence in his yard. 5 months later they are still not back up, it's a real eye sore. Can you guess what the brain surgeon does for a living? Yup, you guessed it. He's a carpenter!!!! :row__688:

In our neighborhood, NO ONE has mail boxes in their yard. We either have door slots or little thin boxes that mount to the house. Guess what Jethro has in his yard? A mailbox that isn't even installed right, stuck in the ground right near the sidewalk. Eyesore, eyesore, EYESORE! Wanna guess why this mailbox is there? Right you are again! The damn beagle went after the mailman! The mailman would no longer deliver their mail so they had to put up an old fashioned box on the street (that's not even in the ground all the way, it wobbles). To top off the beautification of their home, they ripped out all nice bushes from the front of the house, it looks naked. They used a truck to do this and tore up the grass in the front yard, which still hasn't been repaired. It went from one of the nicest houses on the block to one of the worst. All it's missing is a Camaro on blocks.

Okay, so I can deal with the mailbox because it doesn't really disturb me. However, the next thing in line disturbed the hell out of me. They bought Marmaduke!!!! What the hell is wrong with these people? I don't know how many of you have had the pleasure of hearing a Great Dane bark, but I can describe it like firing a 12GA shotgun without hearing protection. That is all this dog does is bark, bark, bark! He has woke me up at 2am and 6:30am. I can hear him when he's in the house. The entire neighborhood is going nuts. They would leave for hours on end and tie the dog up outside only for him to bark the entire time they were gone. I confronted the wife and she was oblivious, but promised she would work with the dog. Well, it lasted about 2 weeks but he's back to his old ways. Several neighbors are going to file complaints with animal control. The dog has barked for more than an hour straight with her in the house. Obviously that house has the best insulation known to man. Or she is deaf. No, she is just plain stupid and oblivious to anything around her. Myself and several other neighbors scream at the damn dog, but all he does is bark. I complained to Mr. Helen Keller and he seemed offended that I would complain about the barking machine. His reply was "I hear your dog and I hear other people's dogs bark too!" Yeah, my 20lb dog barks 2 or 3 times tops before I have him quiet. He doesn't bark for HOURS on end. I told him that I was trying to be the good neighbor and let him know that the other neighbors are going to call animal control on him. His reply? "What do you want me to do, he's just a puppy. I don't like his barking either." Well feed him some anti-freeze, oh wise one!

I mentioned that Mr. Brilliant is a carpenter, right? He runs his business out of his home. Every day there are 10 cars and as many guys waiting in his yard and in the street to head off to work. We have small kids waiting to head to school and some of these guys don't even speak english. I'm pretty convinced they are here illegally. Who knows what their criminal records are. Not only am I sick of all these people, my neighbors don't like them either. One of the neighbors is looking into rules and regulations about running a business like this out of your home. I hope he's in violation of many!!!

Oh, can't believe I forgot to mention this kicker. The mailman had to deal with them when they lived in the other house also. He told us that when these people moved out of their old house, the surrounding neighbors through a party to celebrate their departure! Damn, you have to be hated REALLY BAD to have people celebrate your leaving. I can picture it, because if myself and the neighbors can run them outta here, I'm throwing a damn block party and you're all invited!!!

Now why am I telling you all this you might ask? Well, today was the last damn straw. Something set me off today and I'm still fuming. Their little 7 year old bastard, Jr. ADD/ADHD, crashed his bike in the back bumper of my wife's minivan! It's going to have to go into the shop and be repainted. Now you might say "Hey, some scratches are no big deal", but you didn't know that just 5 DAYS AGO my wife's minivan came out of the shop with a brand new bumper and paint because she was rear ended! So yeah, those scratches on that brand new bumper are a really big deal. I explained to the mom that I think the bike is too big for her son because he almost can't even get going on it. He's a little kid and it's a full size bike. He swerves all over trying to get going and has almost hit my brand new car half a dozen times. Do you know what the Queen of Oblivion had to say? She said "I think he does a great job at riding it!"

The saying may be funny but it's true, some people are only alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

So, share your stories of your neighbors from hell.

Re: oh yeah, RANT ON (or, "I wish my neighbors would get hurry up and die")

For 2 months i had neighbors that had 20 ducks, 6 rabbits, 4 cats, 2 dogs, a bird of some sort, and a donkey. The backyard was NOT huge, so i have no idea how they kept all those animals, especcialy the donkey, from running wild in the streets. The mother often supervised their 6 year old kid in taking their dogs over to our yard to crap in it. The only thing that salvaged that family was their 17 year old daughter who knew full well how insane her family was and how desperatly she wanted to get off to college. I could at least respect her.

Comment

We've had some fun neighbors but nothing that even remotely approaches what you are going through JMJ, so in respect and empathy for you I'll keep my mouth shut. :)

Comment

I'm there for your party ;). Those people sound like plain idiots. Luckily, I don't have any neighbors like that, but there are some pretty hyper kids in our community.

Comment

JMJ could you now post the non-edited post. You give the word, ive been looking for a reason to travel to that part of the USA. Consider half or more of TG members are SWAT police or military men, im sure we can come up with something...... :p
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

I'm a big believer in giving natural selection a little push. Sometimes, nature is just too damn slow.

Comment

My neighbors don't bother me at all. The only thing that happens is when I'm working in the backyard, either neighbor's dog will start barking at me. I just throw stuff at the fence to get either dog extremely riled up. The neighbors hear it and drag their dog inside.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                My neighbors don't bother me at all. The only thing that happens is when I'm working in the backyard, either neighbor's dog will start barking at me. I just throw stuff at the fence to get either dog extremely riled up. The neighbors hear it and drag their dog inside.
                Rocco (Marmaduke) barks for hours and she won't bring him in. I am telling you, if oblivion is a drug, she is on a continuous overdose.

Comment

JMJ

It looks like your city ordinances do have regulations for home businesses.

http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/

Use this to begin your catalogue of offenses. Click on "quick Finds" and click "City Ordinances"

Have fun! I'd start on page 33 of Proposed Articles I-VI.

In general, Home Businesses are not allowed in your city (pg. 74 has regulations), and off street parking for any non-residential purpose (e.g. running a carpentry shop) is an accross the board "No." Pg. 73 gets more indepth. For that matter, it looks like storing his manufacturing equipment and business accessories (e.g. carpentry tools) at his residence isn't allowed either. And this is just from skimming your ordinances. Arm yourself with the ordinances and work with a city enforcer. In a month or two you'll have this guy hankering to move away from you.

I like this: "8. External activities, such as deliveries, noise, etc., shall be prohibited prior to 9:00 A.M. and after 5:00 P.M. pg 75"

Thank god for homeowner associations. Too bad you have to throw the book at your neighbors. But at least you have the book. And it weighs a lot.
                  Last edited by Rincewind; 05-24-2006, 01:48 AM.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Re: oh yeah, RANT ON (or, &quot;I wish my neighbors would get hurry up and die&quot;)

Originally posted by Rincewind
                    JMJ

It looks like your city ordinances do have regulations for home businesses.

http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/

Use this to begin your catalogue of offenses. Click on "quick Finds" and click "City Ordinances"

Have fun! I'd start on page 33 of Proposed Articles I-VI.

In general, Home Businesses are not allowed in your city (pg. 74 has regulations), and off street parking for any non-residential purpose (e.g. running a carpentry shop) is an accross the board "No." Pg. 73 gets more indepth. For that matter, it looks like storing his manufacturing equipment and business accessories (e.g. carpentry tools) at his residence isn't allowed either. And this is just from skimming your ordinances. Arm yourself with the ordinances and work with a city enforcer. In a month or two you'll have this guy hankering to move away from you.

I like this: "8. External activities, such as deliveries, noise, etc., shall be prohibited prior to 9:00 A.M. and after 5:00 P.M. pg 75"

Thank god for homeowner associations. Too bad you have to throw the book at your neighbors. But at least you have the book. And it weighs a lot.
                    Haha, awesome, thanks! I'm going to send this info to all the surrounding neighbors so they can read it. I get to talk to the husband today about getting my wife's rear bumper fixed. I sure hope he offers to pay for it straight up and not make any excuses. We will have a big problem if he gives me a hard time.
                    Last edited by JMJ; 05-24-2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Re: oh yeah, RANT ON (or, &quot;I wish my neighbors would hurry up and die&quot;)

I'd also be extrememly concerned with ensuring that none of his employees is a registered sex offender, is out on parole, or has any outstanding warrants. I understand you are a cop, so it may be best to get a neighbor to look into those angles to keep you out of an ethical issues.

Any noise ordinances in effect? Can you build a tall solid fence between the two of you? Or move?

Comment

Re: oh yeah, RANT ON (or, &quot;I wish my neighbors would hurry up and die&quot;)

Hehe, he's fallen for one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia. But only slightly less well known is this: never violate residential ordinances in suburban Massachusetts!
                        In game handle: Steel Scion
                        sigpic

Comment

There's also the "never get on bad terms with your neighbor, the cop" rule. I bet he runs a tight business and has all his permits and inspections in good order.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                            I'd also be extrememly concerned with ensuring that none of his employees is a registered sex offender, is out on parole, or has any outstanding warrants. I understand you are a cop, so it may be best to get a neighbor to look into those angles to keep you out of an ethical issues.

Any noise ordinances in effect? Can you build a tall solid fence between the two of you? Or move?
                            I could just give the plates to some buddies to run, but that really isn't the right thing to do. We are only supposed to do that for "official" business. I don't really feel like getting busted. I would definitely let someone else in the department handle it, I wouldn't be the one to do it. I'm also part time (volunteer to be exact), so I don't really deal with the daily operations like a full timer would. I work weekends only.

They don't really make noise, other than the dog. And there is an ordinance for that. The first offense is $25, each offense after that is $50. The neighbors are going to band together and start filing complaints. If enough come in, animal control will take the dog.

He wanted to build a fence, but given the nature of our yards, it would look absolutely horrible and I don't think the other neighbors would let it happen. I'd love to move but just can't afford it given what home prices are like around here :(

Comment

Do you know any lawyers? If so, ask one what you can do to declare all out war on a neighbor.

I wasn't suggesting that you use your position to abuse your neighbor. I am suggesting that having some unsavory characters hanging around your neighbor's house is dangerous, and you and your neighbors need to take action to protect your children, your property, and yourselves. Your position opens you up to some ethical concerns but your friends and neighbors don't have that problem do they? Is there anything wrong with telling them "if it weren't for my weekend gig here's what I'd do"?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X