Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best song no-one knows

What are some of your obscure faves? one of mine is on the radio now:

Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman. That's right, THE Thunderclap Newman.

Re: Best song no-one knows

Who is that? :p

I have no clue what anybody knows these days so I can't judge what I know and what other people don't.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
      Who is that? :p

I have no clue what anybody knows these days so I can't judge what I know and what other people don't.
      The power of google:
      http://rant58.tripod.com/id254.htm

Comment

I heard I Against I by Bad Brains the other day.....that really took me back. I don't know if that is obscure enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Brains

I also heard God Blessed Video from Alcatraz.....that's a bit more obscure, and seriously rocking.

Comment

HR was the man, and Bad Brains was the shizzy. Great album. I need to go dig that up again.
          Beatnik

Comment

Ganja Smuggling by Eek A Mouse. Its the only reggae song i like. The Jamaican or whatever language he speaks through parts of the song is sweet.

Comment

Jim Noir has a song called 'My Patch' which is quite cool in a playful sort of way. You used to be able to listen to it on his website but no longer. Actually, you can listen to some of his stuff here.

Gogol Bordello are cool if you open your mind wide enough to allow in some international gypsy punk music. Check out 'Start Wearing Purple'. You'll like it if your man enough.

Pablo Gone Nuts are pretty good too. Check out 'Another Illegal Rave'. Thier tracks are a bit raw and unpolished but it's still really good.

Comment

Anything by "They Might Be Giants".
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Not sure how obscure it has to be, but I'm gonna go with a lesser-known AC/DC song called "Let's Get It Up".

For slower songs,
                  "Family Snapshot" - Peter Gabriel (probably not obscure enough)

And far more obscure,
                  "Cemetery" - The Headstones

I could pick any of a million songs. "Best" and "no-one knows" are pretty tough criteria to judge. :)
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Mexican Radio by Wall of VooDoo

The Lighthouse's Tale by Nickel Creek
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Midnight Voyage by Ghostland Observatory. It sounds good on the album, but it's a whole different experience seeing them live.
                      Beatnik

Comment

"The Last Resort" by the Eagles. I've only heard it off the album, never on the radio.
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                          Gogol Bordello are cool if you open your mind wide enough to allow in some international gypsy punk music. Check out 'Start Wearing Purple'. You'll like it if your man enough.
                          Hah, those guys are sweet. Weird, crazy and kinda catchy.

Comment

"Spaceship" by Kanye West.

I know he is a mainstream artist but still.
                            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

"Amazing" by Blue October
                              --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X