No announcement yet.

Say what you will about Bush - at least he takes questions...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say what you will about Bush - at least he takes questions...

Not like our guy. First, he muzzles his cabinet, now he won't even talk to the press corps.

I don't know about you other canucks out there, but I don't trust this guy. I'm afraid that he will energetically exacerbate regional differences for short-term political gain. I don't believe that he is really interested in addressing the democratic deficit. I think he intends to portray himself as the victim of Liberal (and liberal media) conspiracy (like the vast bureaucracy of Liberal appointees) to dodge accountability for his government's actions. I also suspect that he will make poor social policy decisions, in order to move the country towards some sort of questionable trickle-down economic theory.

However, for the time being, we will simply have to wait to see what happens. Maybe (hopefully?), I'll be wrong, and he'll have a positive impact on the country. Time will tell.

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Re: Say what you will about Bush - at least he takes questions...

You Canadians are catching Americas virus. Don't know if there is any cure but time.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed