Looking for "Lost"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for "Lost"

I need to make the wife happy. She screwed up the recording of the season finale and didn't get the last hour. Anyone?
    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Re: Looking for "Lost"

Not sure of the legality of this request, but Google is your friend.

Whenever I'm looking for something to download, I usually use Google to search for the name of the file I'm looking for and also "torrent" and Google will almost always return what I'm looking for in the first few sites...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I am not looking to do anything illegal. All file sharing programs that I know of have spyware imbedded in them. I was hoping for a VHS/DVD copy. From TV that isn't illegal is it? I just need that last hour of the two hour finale. I also don't know anything about torrents and don't think I have anything to view it on.
      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I have sources for most popular TV shows (and the 2 hour special is there), but obtaining said shows would probably be less than legal, so sending them to you on DVD would probably also be less than legal. I don't understand the whole legality thing anyways, I pay for cable and all that, but I suppose that's for a different thread.

Bittorrent is a file sharing program of sorts, and there's several clients that implement the protocol, and none of the popular ones have spyware (or they wouldn't be popular). You'd download an AVI or something, then make your wife sit at your fancy walldesk for an hour or so to watch the episode.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

thanks guys.

yeah, we need to start a different thread about the legality of copying tv shows that are sent freely through the air.
          [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
            All file sharing programs that I know of have spyware imbedded in them...I also don't know anything about torrents and don't think I have anything to view it on.
            Torrents are simply a way to share bandwidth. It still requires someone to host (seed) a file, but once a bunch of people start downloading it, you're actually downloading bits and pieces from other people, so that the more people that are downloading it, the faster it is...

To use it, just download BitTorrent, install it, and then click on a torrent link just like you would normally download any other file from the web... That's it. Simple. There are other torrent programs, but BitTorrent was the first and I know it to be reputable.

I see that the BitTorrent site is indexing links to Lost torrents, but I didn't see episode 23... Perhaps that indicates that it's legal, though?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

You can get the episodes free on the lost website.

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ
                You can get the episodes free on the lost website.

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing
                Yep, and the episode that aired last night is available.

Comment

you have to be in the US to view them though.

- -

Comment

Thank you all. Feedback left for everyone but Perry. Apparently I haven't been leaving feedback for months and Perry was the last person I left it for. Mental Note: I need to get on that.

I never would have thought that a tv station would allow their shows to be watched for free over the internet. They'll send it for free over the airwaves but not the net. Then it appears that this feature will be ending June 30th. I bet they are going to charge after that.

Thanks again.
                    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

It's not a question of over the air versus over the net. It's an issue of revenue. Over the air, they can fill it full of commercials so that their advertisers compensate them for the cost of production. The revenue model for the net is different. And the viewers there are more savvy and capable of skipping the ads, so you have to be a lot more clever at getting ads in front of your viewers' eyes.

An alternative is to charge for the download, and perhaps lock the download to a particular player.

TiVo can upload an episode to your PC and you can buy Sonic's DVD software to rip it to DVD, but the data is presumably watermarked with your TiVo account number, and if you're caught sharing it, either on disk or over the wire, your account can be yanked.

For Torrents, I've been pretty happy using Azureus. It's Java-based, so you need to have Java installed. But when I need to run a torrent on Linux without a GUI (ie. on my server), I use the original BitTorrent client. There's probably already another thread on BT (Hardware and Software forum?), so any support questions should go there. It's a good protocol, but note that it's not anonymous.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X