My favorite American Idol contenstant lost :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite American Idol contenstant lost :(

Two days ago, "Don't care" was at 9%, then yesterday I saw it had shot up to 14%! "Come on Don't Care!" I said.

But I just saw on the news that Don't Care didn't win. :( Maybe next season my friend...

Re: My favorite American Idol contenstant lost :(

We have a similar show in the UK. The person that wins usually has one single that gets to number one in the charts then they disappear and never make it as a proper singer.

I really hate the whole idea of the competition. It's way too artificial and the only point in it is to make money. I don't have any respect for the people who win these competitions. They have a good voice, ok great, but I think it is really unfair on other "real" artists who want to make it in the music industry by themselves.

People tend to just lap up everything that is given to them. People think that whatever is 'mainstream music' is the only type of music. There is no depth to it. These people who win the competitions have incredible voices and good personalities and they are good looking but I don't like the way that they are used as a money generating machine.

Comment

It's the same show Ob1one but it has a different name. Don't care much for it but the guy that won is so annoying. I hope he disappears soon.

Comment

I was rooting for "Spare Me." My second favorite, "Please, God, let me die" got eliminated early on.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

At least let's have a strong showing from "I'd hit that" next year!

I watched a few seconds of the show for the first time this year because I saw that Queen's Brian May was going to be on and they were going to cover Queen songs. Cool. So I saw this guy Taylor trying to mangle "Somebody To Love" and it was simply like listening to an inferior musical instrument, having heard the top of the line. Any of you guitar players who've heard a Santa Cruz or Collings next to a Yamaha know what I'm talking about: Dude's hitting all the notes, I just don't care.

Freddy Mercury could sing his ass off, and this dude just wasn't cutting it. Click.

So that was the sum total of my American Idol experience to date. Maybe the others were better. I'll never know.

Comment

Leejo, I'm having a hard time beleiving that you actually follow American Idol...
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I don't. My building has little televisions in the elevators that show news items. For the last two days they've posted the "who do you want to win" %s, and of course I see the ads while watching the Sunday night fun stuff on Fox. And I have business lunches with people who talk about mindless crap while I sit there and smile and nod.

That, and the aforementioned brief excursion into comparing and contrasting actual talent with manufactured fame, is the sum total of my American Idol experience.

Comment

In happy news, Lordi won Eurovision.

Comment

If 'american idol' was on the gong show, I would bang the gong.

Comment

THAT was a cool show.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely
                      If 'american idol' was on the gong show, I would bang the gong.
                      Quoted for truth.
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                        At least let's have a strong showing from "I'd hit that" next year!

I watched a few seconds of the show for the first time this year because I saw that Queen's Brian May was going to be on and they were going to cover Queen songs. Cool. So I saw this guy Taylor trying to mangle "Somebody To Love" and it was simply like listening to an inferior musical instrument, having heard the top of the line. Any of you guitar players who've heard a Santa Cruz or Collings next to a Yamaha know what I'm talking about: Dude's hitting all the notes, I just don't care.

Freddy Mercury could sing his ass off, and this dude just wasn't cutting it. Click.

So that was the sum total of my American Idol experience to date. Maybe the others were better. I'll never know.

and you can tell that leejo doesn't watch american idol because Taylor sang "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"...

I mean, I don't watch it either. I swear.
                        --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Oh yeah! Well he sucked!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse