• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree sitters fight for garden

Cute!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/25/urb...cnn_topstories

Re: Tree sitters fight for garden

Eventually, he agreed to sell 10 of the 14 acres to The Trust for Public Land for $16.35 million
    GRAH! I could buy 100 acres of land out in the boondocks for around 100k. Maybe even less.

Comment

Horowitz sued to get the site back and the city settled in 2003 by selling it to him for $5 million, leading to court battles. Eventually, he agreed to sell 10 of the 14 acres to The Trust for Public Land for $16.35 million but the group fell $10 million short and the option expired Monday.

Hill and Hannah said garden supporters were hoping the city or some benefactor would come up with the $10 million and the developer would sell, or that people would raise it dollar by dollar through small contributions. Hill also called on Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to help the farmers.
      I guess it's not worth $10 million to the tree sitters. It must be worth $16 million to somebody. And they in turn are providing a highly-valuable service to someone else. As long as the sitters are there, that service is being denied. Who is it that's going without?
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

You know how you get rid of pests in trees? Bird bombs.

"Bird bombs are low-powered rounds that fire a firecracker that is fused to explode a short time after firing. They are designed to scare animals, such as birds that congregate in trees."

Comment

Anybody here watch Monk? Remember the funny episode from the first or second season with the tree-sitter?
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by CNN
            we just have to save it," actress Darryl Hannah said Thursday from the branches of an old walnut tree where she perched for the day despite her vertigo.

I love walnut! :row__523: Makes good furniture.

"Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

get a bigger moniter.. get like a 70' to go there :P

Comment

Whose flag is that Pickle?

Comment

Just a flag that was too big for my 20' flag pole in the front yard. No significance to it.

Leejo, I like the sig. I just watched that movie for the first time the other day. I haven't laughed so hard in my life. Especially during the "I promise I will never die" scene.
                  "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                  [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Cc.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed