World Cup is almost here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup is almost here!

Almost June 9th! Who else is gonna be watchin' as many matches as they possibly can? The US is in a tough Group with Italy, Czeck Republic, and Ghana. Any of those teams could probably advance to the playoff round. Our first match is vs Czeck Republic on the 12th. Apparently the second place of our Group plays Brazil. So if we wish to get as far as we did last time, we better get first in our Group because i really dont want the US to run into Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.

Ill be watching most of Brazils matches just to see that guy play. Hes arguably the best in the world, and he pretty much prooves his skill in that video.

Re: World Cup is almost here!

I don't want to sound like an idiot, sadly I know I will, this is soccer right?
    Ingame name: Menkeh

Lambda was taken

I Photoshop for food!

Comment

American soccer and european futbol.

Comment

That's it. Sorry, but as an American, I don't really follow soccer. But I guess I will put my well-wishes and cheers behind the team you like. A little extra support couldn't hurt.
        Ingame name: Menkeh

Lambda was taken

I Photoshop for food!

Comment

I'm just relieved the fans in Germany won't be forced to drink only Budweiser at the games. Since Budweiser contains rice it's not even technically considered beer in Germany...

It's just another "malt liquor".

BITTE, EIN BIT!!! Is all I gotta say...

Comment

June 10th. 0130 Eastern Australian Standard Time.
            I'm so ready.
            Thankfully, it's a long weekend for some reason (something about some "Queen" and her "birthday", to use the technical terms) so I'll be watching many a game.
            Australia has a tough, tough group - Brazil, Japan and Croatia. I'm hoping for us to be at least runners-up in our group, so that we will advance through to the second round and play the winner of Group E (Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic). Should be awesome.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
            |TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambda
              That's it. Sorry, but as an American, I don't really follow soccer. But I guess I will put my well-wishes and cheers behind the team you like. A little extra support couldn't hurt.
              As an American, how about putting your support behind the American team?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                As an American, how about putting your support behind the American team?
                Amen. We fielded a team that noone pays atention to, everyone hates, and will only get noticed if they win. That's a shame. By all reports, this is one of the better teams we have had.

Comment

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL????? Because I am, I am ready to miss allot of homework to enjoy this event, and since my team is not in it (Canada) I wont be disappointed with any games. However I hope Germany will win their bracket, and England hopefully will win a few too. We will of course see some serious skill from little Ronaldo and his Brazilian team. God I hope there is coverage in HD.

OT: Does anybody know of a good place to order soccer jerseys from, besides kitbag.com, and from North America?

Comment

I can't wait for the world cup, all the games will be televised in the US finally. The US has a tough road ahead of them though, I hope they can pull it off and move on the the next round.

Comment

I can't wait for the games to begin. I won't have to set my alarm for 3:30 AM anymore to catch the games either, I have DVR!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mateo
                        Amen. We fielded a team that noone pays atention to, everyone hates, and will only get noticed if they win. That's a shame. By all reports, this is one of the better teams we have had.
                        Ive seen almost all of their games since about January, and i can definatly back up those reports. Its kind of sad how nobody really pays attention to them. The only way anybody will is if they somehow manage to make it to the Final in a World Cup. If that ever happens, i think soccer will really start to boom in America. It already has in the past 10 or so years when MLS started. Sadly, most of our national team players play in european clubs (I cant blame them). We'll know things have turned around once most of our national team players play for MLS clubs, or when european players come to America to play soccer.

Originally posted by Faultline
                        I can't wait for the games to begin. I won't have to set my alarm for 3:30 AM anymore to catch the games either, I have DVR!!
                        Last world cup kind of sucked for that reason. I hope its never hosted in another Asian country again, for the sake of my beauty sleep.

Comment

I'll admit i'm not the biggest fan of the sport. However when the world cup rolls around I just can't resist, it's in my European roots. I'll be glued to every game I can. I also can't wait to watch the Brazilians in action, and of course Poland :P.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Ronaldinho said he would like to play in the US. Could you imagine someone that good playing MLS soccer, I hope he comes over here and play's sometime. It is the most played sport in the US I dont know why it isn't bigger yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
                              Ronaldinho said he would like to play in the US. Could you imagine someone that good playing MLS soccer, I hope he comes over here and play's sometime. It is the most played sport in the US I dont know why it isn't bigger yet.
                              We already have football, it's uhh...just different :)

Shame it hasn't caught on across the world either but I can see why since it's much more expensive with all the required equipment.

MLS doesn't quite catch my eye as much as seeing the different countries compete. Wish they had the Cup annually.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X