The fur industry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fur industry

Warning: This video contains very explicit material. If the sight of animals being skinned alive makes you squeamish, do NOT click the link.

Disclaimer: Although the video is from PETA's site, I don't support them or their radical agenda. I'm an omnivore and like my steaks medium rare.

And now, without further ado, is the link: http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=fur_farm

Excessive cruelty in action; definitely not one of our species' finer moments. :row__639: Even if this is the only way for these people to earn a living, this is really screwed up.

Are there any humane ways of harvesting animal furs? Other than off of already dead animals of course.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: The fur industry

Oh, my. I didn't watch the whole thing. I barely made it past the first animal (raccoon?).

Surely there's got to be a quick (and cheap) way to kill the animal without harming the fur. At the very least, all it would take is a few extra whacks with the club to make sure the animal is dead before skinning it. And then to keep skinning it when you know it's alive? And to not finish it off once you've got it skinned? Disgusting.

If it weren't for PETA's other antics, that video would be enough for me to send them a check. Are there any other anti-fur organizations that act more responsibly?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well duh! The racoon is to the fur industry as a 300 pound shemale is to the hooker industry. I've seen footage of a mink farm and they have their own little mink starbucks and a daye spa. They're killed with an overdose of ecstasy and a little mink rave/orgy.

Seriously if it weren't for PETA's serious case of moonbat-ery they may have made much more progress towards actually accomplishing some of their goals. Maybe the humane society Cing?

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
        Maybe the humane society Cing?
        Eh... I just checked out their site... They want to shut down the meat industry. Screw that.

But here's some more information on that video and about other organizations that are anti-fur:

http://www.hsus.org/about_us/humane_...fur_farms.html

I'm going to read their site further, but I'm thinking about sending these guys a check: http://www.infurmation.com/

The thing is, I'm not against fur coats, necessarily. I just don't want to them to be a result of the type of cruelty that we see in that video. Heck, if I ever manage to retire to my ranch in Montana, I might try to make my own fur coat someday.
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Would you be strictly from commercial? Would you have the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind some dude's igloo and start in to whippin' on his favorite baby seal with a lead-filled snow shoe?

If so I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
            Would you be strictly from commercial? Would you have the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind some dude's igloo and start in to whippin' on his favorite baby seal with a lead-filled snow shoe?

If so I'm in!
            I have no idea what your first sentence is supposed to mean, but I'm talking about using the fur from animals that I hunt on my own private thousand acre refuge. I'm going to turn into a high tech hermit when I retire.
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

It's yet another Zappa reference, future hi-tech wrangler.

Comment

I'm from the south, I thought you meant an industry far far away.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  I haven't looked at it, nor will I. But damn, that domain name makes me think the content within would be about furries, hahaha. I can't stop laughing.
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Ahh Jesus Christ that is NOT a good video to watch before you go to bed. That is seriously disturbing.

Also, quick question: if you don't like animals being mistreated like that then why would you still support the meat industry?

Comment

Originally posted by Radooh
                      if you don't like animals being mistreated like that then why would you still support the meat industry?
                      Sssssshhhhhhhhhh!
                      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Radooh
                        Also, quick question: if you don't like animals being mistreated like that then why would you still support the meat industry?
                        Because the meat industry doesn't mistreat animals like that at all. The meat industry takes great care to kill their products quickly. Meat industry mistreatment is usually in the form of what some consider to be cruel captivity, keeping animals in cages/stalls/pens so small that the animals aren't able to move freely.

But I like to eat meat too much. I don't give a damn about wearing fur...
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Because the meat industry doesn't mistreat animals like that at all. The meat industry takes great care to kill their products quickly.
                          Having extended family in that industry, it is unfortunate that I have to report to you that not every kill or slaughter is as caring as you would hope them to be.

My relatives' family owned operation is pretty clean and they do try to be efficient and humane in their slaughter, but sometimes you have a bolt misfire, or a really thick-headed cow... I've also heard stories from them that some of the guys (at other plants) get their jollies off by being cruel. In their ignorant way, they think its a fun way to add some humor to an otherwise tedious job. Sick and sad, but no less true. Although, I suspect that the cruel kills are in the minority, and in genreal your comment is correct.
                          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

c'est la vie.

Comment

But I like to eat meat too much. I don't give a damn about wearing fur...
                              That's a good argument if I've ever heard one. :row__585: :row__639:
                              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X