Nigeria scam v. 892

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigeria scam v. 892

Same old scam, but this time it's a member of the 3rd Infantry Division of the US Military!

Did Navy beat the US Military this year? I can't recall..

Sgt: Third (3rd) infantry Division US Military
    Iraq
    Direct

Dear Friend

My name is Sgt.Irvin Shawn i am an American soldier, serving in the military with the Third (3rd) infantry Division in Iraq. I and my superior after going on a rampage on Saddam Hussein palace in Baghdad discovered a substantial amount of money. You may need to check out the following
    BBC website to confirm more of our discovery which was made know to the government, but this particular one is a top secret: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

This fund in question was moved to a secure place with the assistance of our contact person in UK (A private attorney of our UK military colleague); the total is $25,000,000.00 (Twenty Five million US dollars).Basically since we are working for the government we cannot keep these funds in our bank account. It is on this juncture that we decided to seek your assistance to keep this money for us in your account or an offshore account controlled by you.

There is no risk involved whatsoever. If you are interested I will send you the full details, my job is to find a good partner that we can trust and that will assist us. Can I trust you? To ensure confidentiality, when you receive this letter, kindly reply me via e-mail signifying your interest
    including your confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication and also your contact details for identification

Respectfully submitted

Sgt.Irvin Shawn
    NB: Forward your response to my direct email address
    [email protected]

Re: Nigeria scam v. 892

Improvise, adapt, and overcome!
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Maybe the scammer saw the movie Three Kings?

Comment

Man oh man... are there really so many gullible people out there that these guys don't even have to TRY to explain why YOU are receiving the message?

"How are we gonna move this $25 million?"

"I know, let's ask someone to do it for us and give them a huge slice of it!"

"Ya, but who?"

"I'll send out an email to millions of addresses and we'll use whoever responds first!"

"BRILLIANT!"
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I can see the 3rd Infantry division now:

Nice rampage fellas
          yeah that rampage was sweet!
          Gee I'm tired, are you tired?
          Yeah I'm tired.
          How are we gonna move this money?
          I don't know Sergeant. I know how to haul boxes of ammo around. I know how to dig holes and fill bags with sand.

I know how to hike 24 miles in 6 hours carrying 85 pounds of gear.
          I know how to load and unload a 2.5 ton truck as fast as humanly possible.

But I don't know nothing about moving trunks of money around! That would take some sort of genius superman rolled into one!

Comment

Info sent. I'll think of you all when I'm living on my own private island.
            [squadl]
            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Cayman Island, Super duper secret account number 23-ki-45hj-46k. Let me know when it is deposited.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                I'll call you a motherwuzzler when you do.

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                  Man oh man... are there really so many gullible people out there that these guys don't even have to TRY to explain why YOU are receiving the message?
                  Unfortunately, yes. I have interviewed at least three victims (If I recall correctly) in the last six years that have fallen victim to these scams. Most of the victims are elderly and are naive to scam and/or their sense of reason is overridden by the large sums of money "proposed".

This new variation is quite the creative twist on the old "my uncle is in the Nigerian government and..." or "The Nigerian Petroleum Corporation..."

it's estimated that these 419 scams take in hundereds of millions per year.
                  LoyalGuard

Comment

Rikers?
                    LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard
                      Unfortunately, yes. I have interviewed at least three victims (If I recall correctly) in the last six years that have fallen victim to these scams. Most of the victims are elderly and are naive to scam and/or their sense of reason is overridden by the large sums of money "proposed".
                      But at least the older ones tried some excuse, like an errant email, as the reason why the recipient got it.

Oh well...

I just have a feeling this one might be for real.
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

LOL, tarpan!
                        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X