No announcement yet.

The Clinton Ban could end next week...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clinton Ban could end next week...

Yeah, I'm going there....

There's a quick little quiz here. (I got all 15 right, so obviously I'm a good little gun nut, or maybe just politically aware....)

After ten years, a ban on evil-looking "assault" weapons is about to end. If the prices go back down (and why shouldn't they?), I might even purchase a "pre-ban" AR-15.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: The Clinton Ban could end next week...

Oh good! I couldn't wait for criminals to be legally able to roam the streets with automatic weapons! :icon_roll

Comment

Originally posted by MikoLovesYou
      Oh good! I couldn't wait for criminals to be legally able to roam the streets with automatic weapons! :icon_roll
      Criminals have never been able to legally roam the streets with automatic weapons, nor will they be able to once the ban is lifted.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I'd imagine the acquistion of illegal firearms for criminals isn't difficult. Legal or illegal they'll still get hold of them (take the UK for example with it's ban on pistols - before the ban, hardly any gun crime - after the ban, a major increase though still very small in national terms)

With a lifting of a ban will mean cheaper guns for sale so criminals will be able to purchase 2 for the price of 1 perhaps?
        Jex.

Comment

I won't go through the gun issue again, but even I got 15 on the quiz, it's so biased its transparent.
          I particularly liked the picture of somone in a wheel chair enjoying gun sport. Nice touch.

Comment

It's people like you that let our rights trampled to death. All because you believe every little sound-bite you hear on the news.

Sad...very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
              I'd imagine the acquistion of illegal firearms for criminals isn't difficult. Legal or illegal they'll still get hold of them (take the UK for example with it's ban on pistols - before the ban, hardly any gun crime - after the ban, a major increase though still very small in national terms)

With a lifting of a ban will mean cheaper guns for sale so criminals will be able to purchase 2 for the price of 1 perhaps?
              I don't know what it's like over there, but I can buy a gun illegally here for FAR less than I could buy the exact same gun legally.

I seem to recall several US states having lower violent crime rates once they adopted a "shall-issue" right to carry laws.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

:icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

You do realize that the reason we call them criminals is because they don't follow laws right? So if they are willing to rob/steal/carjack/assault/kill, do you honestly think a gun law is going to stop them from obtaining a gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                  I seem to recall several US states having lower violent crime rates once they adopted a "shall-issue" right to carry laws.
                  Kentucky has a state law that automatically doubles jail time if you committ a crime using a gun.

Comment

Yeah that would make sense. I was thinking maybe the supply problem would up the price. Not being traceable, risk in getting and selling, etc.

In the UK, before they outlawed pistols, there were not a lot of gun related crimes. Legally owned guns were used by people only interested in firing them on the ranges and/or for competition (as a further piss-take, our olympic pistol contestants can no longer train in the uk). I think it was around 60,000 registered holders. Once dunblane happened (some guy shot a load of primary school children- 4-7yr olds), pistols were banned.

But at that time gun crimes were a fraction, now in the cities we've seen large increases of illegally held guns and gun related crimes. Typically we as a nation have never owned guns so the ban went through easily enough because only a few were interested in it. Had 30 million people been into them things may have been different. So the poor pistol lot never really stood a chance.

It really peeved me off because we had to turn in some of my Great Grand fathers WW2 pistols and Bren Gun (lol - yeah he actually had one of them). He fought in WW1 and 2, Captain in the HAC (Honourable Artillery Company), and were part of his memorabilia to us.

Personally I don't see how a ban works. They ban drugs and look at the usage. They ban guns and gun crime goes up whilst honest users suffer the consequences. I understand we are still allowed to use muskets - I mean come on!!!!

LOL - one crazy ass world eh?

J.
                    Jex.

Comment

Sigh,

I am in the Armed Forces....my personal weapon is either the C-7(M16A2) or the C-8(CAR-15)

After years of testing and experience, many NATO governements have chosen both these weapons for their ruggedness, low maintenance and above all, for their ability to disable human beings both en-mass and from afar.

I am in the Armed Forces....my weapon of choice for hunting big game is a Lee Enfield WW2. My preferred weapon for ducks and geese is a 12 Gauge Remington 870 pump.

Why the f--k would I want an assault weapon in my house if I live in a first world country?
                      If you think you need 30 rds of 5.56mm at your disposal to knock down a deer...then god dammit you should not be in posession of one.

If you think you can hunt ducks and geese, or small game with an assault weapon then your an idiot.

Target practice? With an assault weapon? Why? I target practice with an assault weapon, well, we call it small arms range qualification, because it will hopefully help me kill someone who is shooting at me in a theater of war.

Why does Bo and Duke Luke need an assault weapon if they are not police officers, army, navy, airforce or anything else besides civilians who think it's cool to stand in front of their mirrors strapped in bandoliers when no one else is around?

This does not pertain to pistols. God knows there are some places in North America where you need one to stay alive, in fact, I wish I had a pistol. But an assault weapon? Comon.

I guess what I am trying to say is "The only persons that need an assault weapon, are individuals directly involve with law enforcement." And that means in the course of their duty. Same goes for the armed forces...in the course of their duty...meaning when they are at work..or in a theater of war...not shopping for groceries.

Why do some people think it's a bad thing if any given government wants to ban assault weapons? Why? They have one sole purpose. If you think a gun company makes an assault weapon so you can shoot tin cans in your back yard...your an idiot.

If you have a chance to be close and personal to see what assault weapons do to the human body....to smell what it does, you may have a different perspective. I personally have. And I would like to keep that capability in either the hands of trained professionals, or in that ****-hole country where I was unfortunate enough to witness the horrors of what weapons do to unarmed and innocent people.

My two cents.

Flame Away :icon_wink
                      "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
                      "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

Yeah, there just aren't enough weapons already in supply in this country. Let's try to make it like the middle east, where every idiot who can't even afford food runs around with an AK-47. See how peaceful that place is?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

i would say i have to agree with ryn on thatr one. and tempus as it goes.

i am all for a rifle, bolt action or shot gun for game hunting, in the UK we are allowed double barrold shotguns with a license but not hand guns... silly..

but i am firmly agains the sale of any gun which out matches or out calibers the guns in use by, our armed forces and more importantly our police service. i thank god that now our police officers carry guns in their vehicles. behing lock and key, i hope that they obtain the right to carry a glock 9mm or something like that, but myself being an Englishman in keeping with the tradition of english law, am ashamed that it has come to this.

you people want the sale of assault rifles, so that jo mundane blogs can have a stab at being rambo. jees man it seems like some people have to compensate for something. i heard someonbe tell me that in certain states a barret 50cal was sold for game puposes. well im sorry but there is very little need to carry something like that.

as soon as you leagally or otherwise bring guns like this into a country and allow them to be readily available then you have a serious problem.

the point i have always tried to make in a gun law discussion is that a criminal will try to get the best gun he can. but if the top guns are hard to get he will need to pay lots more money. however if they are readily availible to buy then they will be cheaper to own. and the poor police service with their 9mm and their pump action will be torn to shreads by an ak47 or an m16. and lets face it, the police in my country have enough to deal with without having to worry about issuing bigger guns to deal with the streets.

i agree that a criminal as lablled as such will commit the crimes anyway, they do in the uk, however, the most leagal person in the state with a carbine may just turn and use that gun in a moment of anger. any weapon posessed has the potential to become lethal, and more and more these days they are being used.

guns dont kill people people kill people. i totally agree but i want the people to have the hardest time trying to find a gun and i want that gun to be in such demand that it is really expensive. and i want the police to not have to worry about some jumped up guy who was abused or whatever to walk out onto the streets and start wasting cops.

lets keep it real guys. hunting rifles. ok, possibly.... handguns, well ok possibly.... automatic guns designed to kill a large number of people accurately and efficinetly, this has no place in a town or city and there is nop viable reason to own one. whats next, deer seeking missile.

tactical badger killing nuke....

m249's for those pesky rabbits... really??

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                            I don't know what it's like over there, but I can buy a gun illegally here for FAR less than I could buy the exact same gun legally.

Apophis thats because you import or make guns for the mass market. In England we dont make guns or produce them for a large audience, therefore the guns that are for sale in shops are cheaper ands not what most self respecting criminal wants to own.

without supply all you have is demand therefore the only guns you can buy on the streets are replica conversions which are cheap and prone to exploding on first shot, and decent guns which are mega priced. it is very difficult to get guns worth buying into the UK therefore there are not alot around.

in the United states you will find that bent dealers will sell the guns at a much cheaper price because he will sell alot more. therefore you have demand but you also have alot of guns that are being offered meaning that unless you are a legal citizen thus being screwed because you want a license you can buy guns very cheap.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Quick nitpick: Pistols are the weapon of choice for your more common criminal. They are cheap, easy to obtain, ammo is readily available, and easily concealable. As much as the average US citizen eats up the cinematic showing of criminals pullng out AK-47's from beneath trenchcoats and gunning down police like tin cans: it just doesn't happen like that.

Look back to the bank robbery back around 1990 when those guys were loaded up with full body armor and assault rifles with armor piecing rounds. Dangerous right? How many times have you heard of something like that happening since then?

Besides: if you want to rob someone/something, why would you use an AR when you can fit a .380 auto in your back pocket and easily pick one up at a gun show for under 100 bucks. Assault rifles cost money and fit in a trunk (if you're lucky). A pistol is pocket-change.

Plus, the cops have SWAT teams. If you can find other instances of people going ballistic with assault rifles in criminal situations, I'd love to see them. Something tells me the amount of those will pale in comparison to those with pistols.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X