Philosophical question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosophical question

For those of you that haven't read my RPG thread on visual novels (go read it now and download the Ever 17 demo if you are a fan of old school adventure games this is about as close as you can get minus the puzzles.) I have been spending most of my free time playing Ever17 and I have finally beaten it.

So I want to ask all of you a quesiton. Would you want to basically live forever? (Best way I can ask without giving spoilers.) I got this idea from a thread on the Hirameki Ever17 forums.

Discuss.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Philosophical question

I am determined to live forever or die trying.

Comment

Agreed.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

I would be willing to live forever as long as I didn't have to live with physical or mental pain.
        LoyalGuard

Comment

^^^^Mental I dunno. Physical you would get hurt but healing would be pretty fast. (really fast)

I would definately not want to though.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Negative.

Everything in moderation.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Answer--not on this earth.

Comment

^^^^Agreed.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I know that a good number of older folks, as they get closer to the end, look forward to passing on. That would also be the impulse behind DNRs and arguably suicides.

While I'm not there yet, I have little doubt that as I get older (provided I'm not crushed by a falling piano), I too will realize that I've lived a full life, and there is something beyond this world that I'd like to return to.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                  [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                  Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

The more I think about it I guess I can give a few spoilers.

After I finshed Ever17 I decided to check out the forums for it. I avoided them because of spoilers and one of the threads had a post where someone said that one of the characters was treating that her "gift" of not aging as a "curse". I figured it would make a good topic of discussion. :)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...EV_TU01B_3.jpg

This is a picture of the character. She looks 17 but is actaully 24 and will look 17 for the rest of her life. Her name is Tsugumi and life has been hard on her (I won't say why unless someone asks.) so she wants to die/kill herself. My favorite character in the game.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I DEFINITELY wouldn't want to live forever and only look 17.
                      LoyalGuard

Comment

^^^^It is basically a virus that changes you genetically. Tsugumi is the best example of it. Basically once you get infected you will only age another five years while all of your old cells die and are replaced by the new altered ones.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I wouldn't mind having my 17-year-old back again.

Anyhoo, I was just paraphrasing a character from Catch-22 (who later killed himself). If living forever ever becomes a serious concern I'll check back.

Comment

I have enough trouble convincing myself I should be alive right now. Living forever isn't appealing.

Comment

So, in theory, you can still die, yes? I assume if any of the major organ systems aredestroyed you would die. e.g. Severed spinal cord, massively ruptured cardiovascular system, significant loss of brain matter, other happy things like that...
                              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X