Minority Report UI comes to town with GoMonkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minority Report UI comes to town with GoMonkey

Remember the way Tom Cruise interacted with the computer systems in Minority Report with all the hand gestures to "pull" and "push" content in to view or out of the way?

Check this out:
    http://www.gomonkey.at/
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Minority Report UI comes to town with GoMonkey

Very cool, but I think I am too lazy to move my hand that much. I am barely willing to move my mouse.

I can definitely see the usefullness of this for CAD and other 3D apps. I guess if you had a need to review a lot of documents, files, etc. w/o having to change their content (i.e. by typing) this would also be usefull.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

not as sofisticated compared to the minority report version, I think.

Comment

I think the next big wave in innovation is going to be in the UI area. This stuff is cool, and a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
          not as sofisticated compared to the minority report version, I think.
          Well, other than the fact that this one is real. :)
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I think the next big space for innovation will be in parallelism and low-energy computing. That said, there is all kinds of crazy stuff that could be done in the UI scope, but I think it's a long way out still. Mainly because I think the average user would be overwhelmed by a technology like GoMonkey.

We still don't have mainstream 3D desktops. We haven't advanced much beyond the desktop concept, for that matter. We're kind of at the "fancy desktop" concept right now.

At my work, the presentation room has a gyroscopic mouse. Most users look on it like some strange witchery that ought to be tossed on the nearest bonfire.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
            [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
            Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X