Rove Discloses $2,073 Hunting Rifle Gift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rove Discloses $2,073 Hunting Rifle Gift

"Specifically, a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II, a handsome 20-gauge hunting rifle worth $2,073"

Sweet! I wonder how much the rounds cost.

Re: Rove Discloses $2,073 Hunting Rifle Gift

So are they saying that this is a bribe gift or what. Cause personally i just relized i have poor friends and need to move the Texas
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

you need to move "the Texas"? If it was just any old Texas, I'd be all "that's cool", but you want to move The Texas. Leejo? Cing? Beatnik? Other The Texans? How do y'all feel about that?

:D

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
      [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
      Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

personally i loved the place when i was there for my honey moon. I dont care where i live as long as its not aussie land or canada ;)
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I was just preparing a stinging comeback when I watched your Anna video. Hil. Ar. I. Ous. It's like all the comedy of Cing's FSM link, packed into 3 minutes.

For that, I will not unleash the moose on your homeland.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
          [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
          Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Texas, the Texas, who cares. Point is we have .20 ga rifles!

The stars at night are big and bright

(clap clap clap clap)

Deep in the heart of Texas!

Comment

Why do big name Republicans like to give each other guns? Is there something Freudian going on, I wonder? ;)
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                Texas, the Texas, who cares. Point is we have .20 ga rifles!
                It looks like they fixed the article, as it's not referred to as a "rifle" at all now.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The answer to Steeler's question is 'yes.'

In the card that came with the gift was written "Now who 'ya gonna shoot in the face with this?"

Comment

Although this was probably a mistake made by the article's writer (as evidenced by the correction), the term "20-gauge" could apply to a rifle. However, "gauge" isn't in common use for rifles, so it would be more appropriate to call it a "20-bore" rifle.

The "gauge" system was originally based on balls of lead:

Gauge refers to the interior diameter of a shotgun barrel as determined by the number of perfectly round pure lead balls of a size exactly fitting the barrel that are required to make one pound.

So for a 20-gauge shotgun, this meant that the weight of 20 of this gun's perfectly round projectiles, in pure lead, would equal one pound. Today, for a shotgun of this gauge, the interior diameter of the barrel would be 0.615 inch.

While the gauge system could also be applied to rifles, it was common to use the term "bore" rather than "gauge." Back in the mid- to late-1800s, hunters of big, dangerous game would use massive double rifles, the first of which were black powder muzzleloaders, to bring down their prey. These double rifles were similar in appearance to double-barreled shotguns, but they were actually two complete rifles built into one gun. To achieve the stopping power needed for large, dangerous game, these rifles fired correspondingly large projectiles.

The largest of these double rifles was the 4-bore, and you can read about one here, if you're interested. Such a rifle fired a massive projectile, around an inch in diameter and weighing about one quarter of a pound (1750 grains). These guns were rare, and were typically custom built for those who could afford them.

On the flipside of all this, a modern 20-gauge slug gun could be called a 20-bore, but this convention isn't common in the United States.

Some numbers, for the curious:

today's 20-gauge = .615 inch

today's 12-gauge = .729 inch

7000 grains = one pound

The projectile used in the M855 round, which is the standard-issue green-tipped round typically fired by the U.S. Army's M16A2/A4, M4, and M249, weighs 62 grains.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
                      Some numbers, for the curious:
                      Are you a reloader? Leejo and I plan on having some interesting video to share with TG soon. Lemme see if I can find the appropriate thread to bump...

Oh, and Leejo, this week is a goner for me. I'm going to San Antonio on Wednesday to help my in-laws move in, and I don't expect to come back up until late Thursday or early Friday.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Word. I'm slammed too.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          Are you a reloader? Leejo and I plan on having some interesting video to share with TG soon. Lemme see if I can find the appropriate thread to bump...
                          I have a Lee Turret Press and dies in .45ACP, .223, and .308, but I don't have the place to use it yet. So I've tinkered and read a lot, but haven't done much actual loading yet.

Are you talking about this thread? If so, I'm anxious to see the results!

Comment

Who in the hell would give that a man a gun? I don't care if he is one of my own (politically) he doesn't need to have a gun in his hand. Not even a squirt gun.
                            "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X