The mind of a child

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mind of a child

Okay, this post is not about an image, it's about a story which is why it's here. I just scanned the story and am posting it here for full effect. On line 4 after my daughter's name it reads "asked glenna to tell", the last word on line 5 is "colonial". My daughter is 6 years old and has always been very creative. I read this and laughed hysterically :D This is something she actually submitted to the teacher for a writing assignment ;) Read on!

Re: The mind of a child

lol, thats great.

Comment

That just made my day JMJ! Thanks! I love the "That's Scary" let's put some happiness in it segue. Absolute classic!

I just hope the Brits here at TG don't get upset at the whole "very mean king" reference ;)
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Hahaha. Your daughter is ver creative for a 6 y.o. "Puking overboard" hahaha
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

This is priceless. Let me see if I can dig one of my own out.
          "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
          [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

lol. A for Authenticity.

That is weird JMJ, I just had typed about the Pilgrims and the Mayfower on your Mass. has weak laws on chronic DUIs thread.
            (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
            (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
            (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
            Squad Leader pledge to their team:
            Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Below is what y then 4 or 5 year old colored. He was being taught about Martin Luther King Jr.

Apprently he thinks he is white.

"Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
                Below is what y then 4 or 5 year old colored. He was being taught about Martin Luther King Jr.

Apprently he thinks he is white.
                That's not so bad. When I was learning about MLK, my (white) teacher kept going on and on about how he was a great black man. Well, when it came time to colour Dr. King, I whipped out my black crayola and filled him in. The teacher came around looked at my picture and was absolutely mortified--as if I had drawn a swastika on his forehead or something. She said, "no, no, no, no, no..." Took my crayons away and gave me a new picture and left me with only a brown crayon. I was just colouring by what I had been told.

If King had stopped by my desk, I'm almost certain he would have laughed and told me to colour the ears green. ;)
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                  That's not so bad. When I was learning about MLK, my (white) teacher kept going on and on about how he was a great black man. Well, when it came time to colour Dr. King, I whipped out my black crayola and filled him in. The teacher came around looked at my picture and was absolutely mortified--as if I had drawn a swastika on his forehead or something. She said, "no, no, no, no, no..." Took my crayons away and gave me a new picture and left me with only a brown crayon. I was just colouring by what I had been told.

If King had stopped by my desk, I'm almost certain he would have laughed and told me to colour the ears green. ;)

hahaha, that's great :D At least it shows you WERE listening to her ;)

Comment

Wow, she's both very creative, and a really good speller for a 6 yr old.

Comment

She...she...she...has better...handwriting...than me...

:(
                      -Zephyr
                      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                      We are not a single game.
                      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I thought this was going to be a Bush bashing thread.....oh darn.
                        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind

I find it offensive that she was angered over the site of a swastika(ok not really but I thought Id bring this up) in a lot of eastern religins the sawastika is a sign of piece and it is regularly seen on the chest of buddha, and other spiritual figures, I find it disheartning that schools arent teaching this sorta thing to children
                          "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

"Puking overboard" -- definitely JMJ's kid ;)
                            Battlefield Admin() ()
                            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                            | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed