• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Stewart Comments on Congress' Game Haters

Article and video:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/22/jo...s-video-games/

Originally posted by Jon Stewart
    Seriously the House of Representatives is filled with insane jackasses.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Jon Stewart Comments on Congress' Game Haters

I think we can all pretty much agree on that quote. :)

Comment

I watched that episode the other night, hilarious. See the skit about the N.korea missle, typodong!

Comment

Great segment. Jon Stewart is a pretty big gamer if I recall correctly. He was all geeked out over Doom 3 around its release. :)
        Beatnik

Comment

I was meaning to bring this up actaully. Hot Coffee, Oblivion, (to a lesser extent) and gaming in general being targeted is starting to get really old. I was always bothered by it but ever since I got into visual novels it has become more annoying. Hirameki has to censor some of it's games for the US market.

To keep it simple there are alot of VMs that contain nudity/sex (hentai material to anime fans) and the chances of us getting them are pretty low because of that. (Some companies do release some of them in the US but they are too small.) Now while it does sound odd some of these games actaully do have good story lines.

An example of one that has recently been made into an anime is Fate Stay Night. Aside from being a popular game and having hentai elements it is also really long thus I doubt it will ever see the light of day.

Since I would love to play Fate (among others) I have no choice but to learn Japanese. I have been meaning to do that anyway.

It just bothers me so much that sex is considered so much worse then violence in this country.

BTW does anyone else find me stupid for buying these games? I am buying about 4 of them and the great thing is that the site that sells them is needlessly expensive. I am looking at 328 dollars for four games I won't be able to play until I would estimate a good 2-3 year period. I don't have much of a choice though god knows when they will go out of print.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
            Article and video:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/22/jo...s-video-games/

Couldn't have said it better myself.
            Holy Cow!!! I agree

Can you believe that guy and his stupid talk on suberban vs. inner city potintial to be a crimanal. Dear Lord that is sick crazy.
            (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
            (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
            (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
            Squad Leader pledge to their team:
            Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

That was great hearing him talk about space invaders and pong, as if those have absolutely any relevance to games now...
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy
                Holy Cow!!! I agree

Can you believe that guy and his stupid talk on suberban vs. inner city potintial to be a crimanal. Dear Lord that is sick crazy.
                He has a point. However trust me playing GTA is going to be the last thing that makes an inner city kid become a drug dealer. I personally know several it mainly boils down to not having any other option and it also (please forgive me for saying this) a very good option to them. Since it is basically easy money.

To a certain extent I could imagine GTA helping. (I see it as a possiblity.) However his enviroment/individual situtation/the person in quetion has alot more to do with it then GTA.

Now I say this as a person that lives in a city made up mainly of hispanics, blacks, and arabs. If you want to really help the kids/my friends trust me GTA is the least of your worries.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Just watched the episode - very spot on.
                  |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                  "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                  - Check me out on The Onion
                  - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                    BTW does anyone else find me stupid for buying these games?
                    Yes. Well, kind of...

In the same way that you might think it's stupid for me to spend hundreds of dollars on a new gun and ammo.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I particularly enjoyed the live report from San Andreas.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Yes. Well, kind of...

In the same way that you might think it's stupid for me to spend hundreds of dollars on a new gun and ammo.
                        I never have a problem with anyone buying guns and ammo. But I get the point.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                          I never have a problem with anyone buying guns and ammo. But I get the point.
                          Right, maybe not you, but the point was: "That's not my thing, but you go on with your bad self..."
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

So instead of bad parenting its bad gaming community? I hate reading and watching these things, just one more reason to blaim someone else when the parents fail their kids miserably
                            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

right on trooper.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse