NBA Rumor Central

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Rumor Central

Ok guys, the preseason has begun. Deals are being shopped, trades discussed, draftees getting dangled like fuzzy dice on a mirror in a chopped and lowered 64 Impala.

So, post your rumors here-the season is a long way away, and it's going to be an interesting Summer.

First up, my beleagured Knicks are going to be exactly where they were this season: at the bottom. Brown was not the problem: the problem is the Dolan Dunces and a preening egotist (Thomas) as GM.

I am depressed.

The good thing, from a Knickerbocker's POV, is that if Isiah fails, and he will, he's out, presumably with much of the cast offs and also rans he dealt for.

Interesting thing is to see where the others that played with Isiah are: the only other abject failure is Dennis Rodman. Make no mistake about it: Isiah is a failure-he trashed the CBA, was a failure as Coach in Indiana, and now, a failure at GM. Still, he sees himself as a success.

By contrast, Bill Laimbeer's Detroit Shock are currently 3rd in the Eastern conference, and made an inspired run to just miss the 2005 playoffs. Contrast that with the NY Knick's limp into post-season.

And what about Joe D? Well, Joe's done alright for himself-Detroit fell appart in the Playoffs, but you cannot say that Detroit won't be back next year to try again.

For the Knicks, it really doesn't matter. We have alot of players with maxed out contracts that noone really wants.

The season hasn't started, and it's already over.

Re: NBA Rumor Central

I feel sorry for Knicks fans...having to deal with Starbury and Isiah. The Curry trade was horrible and can you have enough guards? Thier draft was very suspect; they had pretty big reaches.

Im glad my nets are looking in good shape. All we need is a power foward

Comment

Curry doesn't even do much better than Sweetney did. Curry averages slightly more in points and rebounds per game, but also in minutes as well. Antonio Davis doesn't play. Tim Thomas did pretty well in the playoffs for the Suns, he wasn't even doing that poorly in New York. And, we lost that 2nd pick in the draft too. I could do at least as good a job as Isiah and I'm willing to work for half his pay.

Also, why did the Bucks trade away TJ Ford? They don't need another power foward. The only point guard they have left is Charlie Bell.

Comment

Ummm, go Mavs?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Spurs might be looking for a backup PG and an athletic center. Nazr Mohammed is gonna be shipped to Chicago.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino
            Spurs might be looking for a backup PG and an athletic center. Nazr Mohammed is gonna be shipped to Chicago.
            Really? Where did you hear that? Last I read/heard, Chicago was going after Big Ben. Hell, Mohammed and Ben Wallace at the front? That suddenly makes a very competitve Bulls team.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie
              Curry doesn't even do much better than Sweetney did. Curry averages slightly more in points and rebounds per game, but also in minutes as well. Antonio Davis doesn't play. Tim Thomas did pretty well in the playoffs for the Suns, he wasn't even doing that poorly in New York. And, we lost that 2nd pick in the draft too. I could do at least as good a job as Isiah and I'm willing to work for half his pay.
              Look around the league for former Knicks-they all play better elsewhere. Tim Thomas, Doug Christie, Marcus Camby, the list goes on and on. Sad, sad, sad.

Also, why did the Bucks trade away TJ Ford? They don't need another power foward. The only point guard they have left is Charlie Bell.
              That, I don't know. There could be several potential replacements. I like the move to get Villanueva to complement Bogut. It remains to be seen if Bogut is ready to play in the NBA, but the move makes sense if he is.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Ummm, go Mavs?
                LOL. You buys need a reliable third option. I love the way the Mavs just sort of disappeared after game 2.

Avery Johnson is a good coach-but when Marquis Daniels is suddenly your goto guy, you are in trouble.

The funny thing? Hack a Shaq. Look, the big man isn't what he used to be. Still effective, but he's not going to get 30. Foul WADE!

Oh, wait, he's a good shooter.

Comment

Can I get some of Jerome James' pay? I'd do just as well as him unactivated every game.

Comment

*bump*

Updates: Ben Wa goes to Chi-Town, Nazr Mohammed tries to fill his shoes in Detroit.

Analysis: Nazr played backup in NYC, and in San Antonio. Now he's suddenly ready to provide the defense and intensity that Ben Wallace had for Detriot? Dream on. Not one of Joe-D's better moves.

Chicago gets a real presence in the middle....which they already had with TC. Songalia is reportedly looking West, and Piatkowski just signed with the Suns, so this is an interesting team to watch. The core of the team seems to be there, they just need a little more O.

Knicks-land is a wasteland. Thomas is exploring a deal for K-Mart, Denver wants Crawford or Frye. Ugh. Trade 2 players that can play, for a guy that couldn't get it done with a world class point. Great idea!

Tim Thomas, ex-Knick, now ex-Sun goes to the Clippers. Suns are better by subtraction. They get Piatkowski, which is almost unfair-he's going to be perfect for the Suns.

Battier to the Rockets. Good idea, but where does Yao go? Some deadwood on this roster, but getting rid of Swift was a start. Wonder if JVG is on his last year.

Comment

T'wolves won't get rid of KG. Should probably get rid of Mchale. Whole lot of nothing done this year, and we lost Mccants for atleast half of next season. Looks like another losing season to look foreward to in MN.
                      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Mateo
                        *bump*

Updates: Ben Wa goes to Chi-Town, Nazr Mohammed tries to fill his shoes in Detroit.

Analysis: Nazr played backup in NYC, and in San Antonio. Now he's suddenly ready to provide the defense and intensity that Ben Wallace had for Detriot? Dream on. Not one of Joe-D's better moves.

Chicago gets a real presence in the middle....which they already had with TC. Songalia is reportedly looking West, and Piatkowski just signed with the Suns, so this is an interesting team to watch. The core of the team seems to be there, they just need a little more O.

Knicks-land is a wasteland. Thomas is exploring a deal for K-Mart, Denver wants Crawford or Frye. Ugh. Trade 2 players that can play, for a guy that couldn't get it done with a world class point. Great idea!

Tim Thomas, ex-Knick, now ex-Sun goes to the Clippers. Suns are better by subtraction. They get Piatkowski, which is almost unfair-he's going to be perfect for the Suns.

Battier to the Rockets. Good idea, but where does Yao go? Some deadwood on this roster, but getting rid of Swift was a start. Wonder if JVG is on his last year.
                        Well, hopefully Dumars uses the difference between Ben and Nazr's salary to pick up another good role player. I also like the Battier to Rocket's deal. I think Yao will be fine. Battier doesn't need many touches, and he gives them some outside shooting which might open the floor for Tmac and Yao.

Comment

Slow work day, so perusing the NYT, I find this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/07/sp...cks.html?fta=y

(You may need a login).

Originally posted by Isiah is insane
                          "My goal is to get to the playoffs. As a coach, I want to be coaching a playoff team," said Thomas, whose Pacers teams made the playoffs in each of his three seasons. "That will be our thought from Day One, and that's what we'll push them towards. Come April, we want to be still lacing them up."
                          No personnel changes. The back-court will be Marbury and Francis (not taking a trade for either, by all reports), Nate Robinson coming off the bench.

Frye will be the starting forward, and iTomas is calling him a franchise player. Turned down a deal swapping Frye for Odom. 4real.

Only players that are Knicks free agents are after thought Qyntel Woods, and Butler, who is designated as restricted. Most of the big dogs have been signed, so looks like the roster will not change much.

Boston, however, has some new faces. Passed Rafe and Dan D over to the Trailblazers, in return for Ratliff and Telfair. Olowokandi is a free agent, so.....the Celtics have 6 forwards, and no centers on the roster. Not one of these guys are a starter at center. And at small forward.....nothing. Some draft picks, that's it. Pierce is looking for an extension, Ainge is looking to deal Wally+whoever he can, and the choice of starting guards are Telfair or West.

Looks like the Knicks and Hawks will have company at the bottom of the standings.

Anyone know what the heck is going on with the Sixers? Webber, Dalembert, Korver, and Iverson to start? Green or Igoudala at shooting guard? Then what? The roster beyond these guys looks like a college pickup squad.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X