Real News!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real News!

A station in north carolina set up an internet forum to put school closings and business delays on the air. Another internet forum got in on the act and started sending in joke closings and delays. The station didn't check any of them and they went right on the air. Click on the pics on the page for screen captures of the closings. Some funny stuff

http://mercury.rh.ncsu.edu/tww-closings/
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Re: Real News!

Originally posted by Big-B
    A station in north carolina set up an internet forum to put school closings and business delays on the air. Another internet forum got in on the act and started sending in joke closings and delays. The station didn't check any of them and they went right on the air. Click on the pics on the page for screen captures of the closings. Some funny stuff

another link:
    http://www.cyberjournalist.net/news/001012.php
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Comment

LOL - good find B! :)
      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Big-B

well LOL on that :)

Wyzcrak
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Oh man- I'd bet their ratings peaked that morning.

Love it!

Comment

Ya had to be here!!!!

They nearly freaked over announcing schools closed in the wrong county a week before this.
            Last edited by +Blind+; 03-09-2004, 10:32 AM.
            "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

Now that's funny. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
              I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Have a much nicer link

http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=34154

Gotta enjoy the subtleties.

Comment

oh my god. it actually was aired... all your base are belong to us.... what a bunch of idiots those news guys must be

they probably had a computer just excluding rude words or something....lol

who wants to bet they stop doing this thread....lol

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I saw the Tutone call 867-5309 and had to sit in the floor we were laughing soooo hard.

What do you expect, they close everything when it snows. If you call 4 inches snow.
                    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

Originally posted by +Blind+
                      I saw the Tutone call 867-5309 and had to sit in the floor we were laughing soooo hard.

What do you expect, they close everything when it snows. If you call 4 inches snow.
                      In Texas (Wichita Falls) they close for flurries. And still send school buses out with 3/4" of solid ice on the roads (about the scariest 30 minutes I've ever had, and those things don't have seat belts!).

Comment

In Minnesota we dont close unless its about a foot =/

I was always saying back when I was in high school, we needed a Superintendent who was from Texas or the Bahamas... There were days when 3 school busses would get into accidents but we still came to school.... I remember one time a bus started sliding down a hill backwards, that is funny to watch.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                          In Minnesota we dont close unless its about a foot =/

I was always saying back when I was in high school, we needed a Superintendent who was from Texas or the Bahamas... There were days when 3 school busses would get into accidents but we still came to school.... I remember one time a bus started sliding down a hill backwards, that is funny to watch.
                          ha ha ha they closed colleges early becasue there was a thin layer of ice on the floor.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

edit: nm, they're already in some of the abpve links...

Those were funny tho

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X