Connecticut Senate race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut Senate race

Well, I think it's fantastic that Lieberman is finally being called out for being a total phony, and I hope that Lamont totally kicks his ass in the primary. What's most disappointing (but expected) is the prominent Democrats like Biden coming out to support him, even though Lamont falls more in line with the party platform. Lieberman should've been kicked out of the party a long time ago. His stances on issues such as the war, reproductive rights and censorship are highly conservative and contrary to the views of most Democrats. If he wants to run as an independent, then he should run as an independent, but his masquerading as a Democrat when most of his views fall in line with the Republican party has grown very tiresome.

Re: Connecticut Senate race

Funny you should say that, because as a normally Republican voter, Lieberman is one of the few Democrat politicians I actually respect and might actually consider voting for. I guess that kinda goes to prove your point though, doesnt it? :)

Comment

Hope Lamont wins... Lieberman runs as independent... Little known and way underfinanced Republican could win that race as Lamont and Lieberman split the Dem vote.

I could live with that.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis
        Funny you should say that, because as a normally Republican voter, Lieberman is one of the few Democrat politicians I actually respect and might actually consider voting for. I guess that kinda goes to prove your point though, doesnt it? :)
        What is funny is that Lieberman is against the majority of the Administrations policies. He seems to be a very liberal Democrat outside the support of the Iraq war. He ran with gore for pete's sake!

And I think this race is showing the basic long term weakness of the democratic party. They want to copy the republican strategy of making all in the party strictly adhere to the partiesí agenda.

Bad bad bad.... Not liberal at all. Very bad. Bad democrats, bad.

9/11 is showing a basic weakness in America, that we succumb to fear and let it determine our politics.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Lieberman combines the worst aspects of both American conservatism and progressivism into one unholy monolith of suck. I hope he gets whupped.
          Last edited by Nikolas; 07-09-2006, 05:35 PM.
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I, too, hope the Democrats cleanse their party of any centrist views.
            ---
            Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

It's not so much about party purity as it is Lieberman being a piss-poor politician within his own state and party. I know several people in Conn. who are fed up with his aloof attitude and his stances on censorship, abortion, and the war. He's spent so much time coddling up to the religious right (who would dump him in a second for any Republican), that he's forgotten the general consensus of the voters who put him in office. That and he has been almost absent from the state for the past 4 years and is continually badmouthing other Democrats, providing Republicans with "bipartisan" cover for a lot of otherwise contentious issues. The response within his party really should come as no surprise.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
                It's not so much about party purity as it is Lieberman being a piss-poor politician within his own state and party. I know several people in Conn. who are fed up with his aloof attitude and his stances on censorship, abortion, and the war. He's spent so much time coddling up to the religious right (who would dump him in a second for any Republican), that he's forgotten the general consensus of the voters who put him in office. That and he has been almost absent from the state for the past 4 years and is continually badmouthing other Democrats, providing Republicans with "bipartisan" cover for a lot of otherwise contentious issues. The response within his party really should come as no surprise.
                You are correct in that this is a local race and the Senator should represent their people.

I just don't like the Dems vs GOP mentality. Yea, I know that is the way things are but I HOPE for a better world. Him and John McCain and the recent collaberation whith Hillary does give me a shred of hope that the federal government can accomplish real things.

Sad it seems to always fall so quickly back to partisian bickering just to "win".

Suppose it keeps those types busy but still....
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X