Deadwood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadwood

Any other Deadwood fans here? I just saw episode 5 last night and was completely blown away. After the climcatic scene, I was reeling, not believing what I had just seen. Without touching on spoilers, that was some of the most intense TV I've seen in a long while. Unreal.

Patton Oswalt, a geek comedian who follows such things, has a great blow by blow of the episode on his myspace blog here. (click on the 'Deadwood Play By Play' link in his blogs.)

:D
    Beatnik

Re: Deadwood

I heard it was good. I've not been following the program so I wouldn't know :)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Wow. I'd expected there to be more fans for some reason. If you haven't ever seen the show, netflix the First Season immediately. It could be the best show I've ever seen, and not just because it's filled with naughty words and prostitutes. ;)
      Beatnik

Comment

My wife and I have been huge fans and never miss and episode..

Last night's was well yes INTENSE ! LOL

Good to hear another fan out there !

Bill
        Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

i've been trying to get started watching this, but for some reason haven't - i've read a lot of Larry McMurtry books and the like, so the genre's appealing anyway... i blame bf2 ;)

good call on the dvd - i'll check it out

Comment

i got the first and second seasons on DVD without watching it on TV. Really intence and well done. Its about time our generation puts out a western show worth watching. Im really looking forward to getting season three.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

I've wanted to start watching it, but haven't must of been to lazy to pay attention to when It comes on, although now I don't have HBO or any of the movie channels anymore.

Band of brothers is still the best thing HBO ever put out imo.

Comment

wow... so in under a week, the wife and I blasted through season one and are 1/2 way through season two!!! what an insanely excellent show! the characters and story line are incredible..

heh - I expect we'll get through 3 more episodes tonight :row__593:

(PM me if you're wondering where you can get past episodes)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                  wow... so in under a week, the wife and I blasted through season one and are 1/2 way through season two!!! what an insanely excellent show! the characters and story line are incredible..

heh - I expect we'll get through 3 more episodes tonight :row__593:

Good to hear. Yeah I got my brother hooked on it (and Entourage) when he was visiting this week.

I just tried to make an inside joke about it, but realized there are practically no 'forum safe' inside jokes to be made about the show. ;)
                  Beatnik

Comment

Here's the best I could come up with. The philosophy of Al.

Al Swearengen: Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or **** beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

... and more...

Al Swearengen: In life you have to do a lot of things you don't **** want to do. Many times, that's what the **** life is... one vile **** task after another.

(censorship is mine)

I am also watching season 2 now, and I have passed the word on to others who are now enjoying it. Thanks Beatnik!
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I realized last night: Al Swearengen is Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, & Vito Corleone all rolled into one bad **** dude.
                      Beatnik

Comment

Deadwood is the best show on TV, past or present, IMHO.

If you've wanted to start watching it but never have, I encourage you to do so. You will not be disappointed, as long as you are not easily offended. The intelligence of the writing makes up for the off-color language.

Support the show if you can - this could be the last season due to financial strains for HBO. Apparently the show is VERY expensive to produce, with the elaborate sets and stellar cast. In fact, watch anything created by David Milch. He's a creative genius if there ever was one.
                        [volun]

Comment

For those who don't know, Deadwood, South Dakota is a real place. The show is based on the actual history of that town, and many of the real inhabitants of the town are people on the show. I would advise against reading that history if you plan on watching the show, because you will uncover spoilers.
                          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Yeah, I found deadwood.com last night actually... pretty neat - i thought it was all fictional...

interesting bio's on the real characters (**SPOILERS**):
                            http://www.adamsmuseumandhouse.org/c...rs_people.html

Comment

Yeah this is indeed the last season. I'd heard a couple spoilers from the real history of the town, but am keeping my ongoing exposure to a minimum until the series is over. Then it's time to read up on it, and start all over with Season 1, Episode 1 again. :D

EDIT: icky +rep for the new location. ;)
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X