• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Lay will rise from the grave

Ken Lay's memorial attracts power elite

Quotes from Ken Lay's memorial service

Originally posted by CNN
    Friends and family lauded as a devout Christian and family leader the man who built Enron into an international energy powerhouse before its collapse in the biggest corporate scandal of its time.

Lay's stepson David Herrold told the nearly full First United Methodist Church that Lay was wrongly convicted, and he was angry about the portrayals of his stepfather in the media.

"He did have a strong faith in God and I know he's in heaven, and I'm glad he's not in a position anymore to be whipped by his enemy," Herrold said.

-----

The Reverend Dr. Bill Lawson compared Lay with civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. and Jesus Christ, and said his name would eventually be cleared.

"He was taken out of the world right at the right time," he said. "History has a way of vindicating people who have been wronged."
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    Since Lay died prior to exhausting his appeals, according to Roma Theus of the Defense Research Institute (an organization of defense attorneys), his conviction is considered abated [13] pursuant to precedent in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the federal appellate court governing the district where Lay was indicted;[14] however a formal filing must first be made. When abatement occurs the law would view it as though he had never been indicted, tried and convicted.[15][3] Civil suits are expected to continue against Lay's estate. However, according to another legal expert, claimants may not seek punitive damages against a deceased defendant, only compensatory damages.[16]
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Re: Ken Lay will rise from the grave

Whipped by his enemy. Ha. Yeah that little old lady he bankrupted immediately after withdrawing one last $1,000,000 to pay off his house is left hanging. In your FACE lady.

I bet Jeff Skilling is shaking in his boots, worried that the sentencing judge is feeling cheated.

Comment

"He did have a strong faith in God and I know he's in heaven, and I'm glad he's not in a position anymore to be whipped by his enemy," Herrold said.
      Ugh...Ken Lay the martyr...:row__683:

Comment

If you had half as many prosecutors sic'ed on you as he did, you'd think it was the Spanish Inquisition.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Maybe. I'd still deserve it if I'd a done what he did.

"He who sells what isn’t his’n, pays the price or goes to prison".

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
            Whipped by his enemy. Ha. Yeah that little old lady he bankrupted immediately after withdrawing one last $1,000,000 to pay off his house is left hanging. In your FACE lady.

I bet Jeff Skilling is shaking in his boots, worried that the sentencing judge is feeling cheated.
            Skilling's probably out at a leper colony getting his groove on because of that, leejo. I know I would be.

"Well, since we didn't get to nail Lay to the wall, it means we've got a LOT of extra nails, Jeff..."
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
              If you had half as many prosecutors sic'ed on you as he did, you'd think it was the Spanish Inquisition.
              Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
                Don't make me get out......

The Comfy Chair!

Comment

You know, on topic:

1. I think that Ken Lay was a scapegoat for wide ranging practices in the business world. Alot of CEOs do not know the core financials of their firms, or even what the CFO is really doing. Ninety percent of the time, the CEO is running around meeting clients, drumming up business, and generally saying how great his firm is. They assume that the bottom line is being watched by their subordinates.

2. The US Govt. came after him because, let's face it, politically they could not sit by and do nothing. Personally, I believe, being part of the financial markets, that everyone that lost money got exactly what they deserved. You load up on risk, you pay the price.

3. The SEC had to save face as well, since they have been lax in oversight, and even if they weren't, they do not have the manpower to do anything about widespread abuses. It tooks Spitzer to acutally wring some money out of the Street for this, which they were more than willing to settle on the grounds of not admitting wrongdoing.

Comment

Ken Lay is alive and well in the Dominican Republic eating people with Hannibal. For a few million bucks you can be dead too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X