• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DudeMan
    started a topic spanish troops.

spanish troops.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3512144.stm

bloody spanish nobs set to pull troops from iraq because they have had a bomb explode on them

sense the bias, i dont care im not opening a debate i am venting from theose treacherous idiots. we have all suffered. odviously they dont care that the are letting the enmy win....

both the United Kingdom and the USA have had terror attacks on their soil us with the IRA and 9-11 for you guys.

jesus it made us unte against terror and the spanish people have rolled over in the face of terror, they are lap dogs to alqueda or eta or whoever did it. these people have now increased the chances of attacks else where in the world because the terrorists have had the taste of success.

this is what they want, and atrocious acts of violence it how you get it. this is the lesson being taught.

• DudeMan
    replied
    Re: spanish troops.

WELL JUST FYI THE FUEL PRICES IN THE uNITED kINGDOM HAVE NOT MOVED BEFORE OR AFTER THE WAR.

we certainly have not taken advantage of the country, and we have been fighting terrorist acts for over 100 years from the IRA, it is not a fight you walk away from.

you may say that sadam was not a terrorist. but in your own definition

"terrorism" because fear and the threat of hideous violence it is one of the most primordial instinctual reactions in humans and usually effective

how do you differentiate between what people of the bombing of the spanish trains did and the killing of thousands of citizens of ones country to install a regieme of fear.

i cant by your own words sadam himself was a terrorist and in my opinion this was a reason for war alone. i also have other issues but i really dont want to get into the good war bad war thread its a waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied

Originally posted by leejo
    I disagree and think that going into Iraq was a brilliant move in the war on terror. Wait 10 years and see, I guess.
    Please elaborate.

Leave a comment:

• leejo
    replied

I disagree and think that going into Iraq was a brilliant move in the war on terror. Wait 10 years and see, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• DeRanger
    replied

That's why they call it "terrorism" because fear and the threat of hideous violence it is one of the most primordial instinctual reactions in humans and usually effective.

Let's face it, Iraq has nothing to do with terrorism except for the fact that the U.S. invaded based on an agenda which will never be publicized or admitted and pissed-off a whole lot of Moslims just waiting for a better reason to hate the U.S. and the Western world even more. A brutal dictator may have been de-throned but lord knows how many generations of new terrorists have been spawned or encouraged by this action. Hope you're all enjoying your gas prices until the next attack in the meantime...

The U.S. is doing good work in Iraq? I'd agree that yes they are and I would also ask at what price. I'd say they are fighting a losing war in Iraq and whatever melts the Republicans butter because whether you are with them or against them you are at their mercy. You think the Bush family gives a piss in a pot about the average factory worker who has a cardboard roof over his family's head because the Chinese (or American companies with Chinese workers) can make the same widget landed on U.S. soil for a quarter the price. Please, but I stray... Going after Al-Qaeda with the Pakistanis, rooting-out terrorist cells in your country, in Canada (they're here all over the frickin' place, Hezbollah has been banned for years but allegedly runs organized crime rings from coast to coast as an example) and internationally would be a better use of resources if you want to fight terrorism and not create hundreds or thousands more Bin Ladens.

I hate terrorism and the reasons why it happens as much as any of you but don't give me this "we're doing such good work in Iraq fighting terrorism" bull**** because you are doing nothing but perpetuating it more by each passing day. I only hear and see news reports and media presentations of what is going on over there but I hope that the people in Iraq are living a better life generally, I'd really like to think they are.

In closing I have to say that I appreciate very much what the men and women in the Forces (U.S. and otherwise) are doing globally to keep order and fighting for a better life for others as far as they're concerned? Thank you all very much, I am in debt to all of you. The politics and motive in Iraq however, I cannot excuse although it seems to be no problem for many.
    Last edited by DeRanger; 03-20-2004, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DudeMan
    replied

Originally posted by Nightfire
    i loved the spaniards, until that stupid jose president. i bet even if the enemy gives them a "pearl harbor," they're still gonna coward out like some chickens.

but i do support the war in iraq, it was the right thing for us Americans to do.

it was the right thing for the world to do just too bad the rest of the world let a bunch of thugs scare them.

Leave a comment:

• Nightfire
    replied

i loved the spaniards, until that stupid jose president. i bet even if the enemy gives them a "pearl harbor," they're still gonna coward out like some chickens.

but i do support the war in iraq, it was the right thing for us Americans to do.

Leave a comment:

• DudeMan
    replied

no sorrry i still fail to see any poiints of mine at least and of other although i dont know how much reading other have done on the situation that jumps to a quick judgement.

i have stated my opinion and i have not tried to tellothers that their opinion is totally wrong i know whats right blah blah blah... so who has jum,ped to conclusion. if i have a conclusion logical i cant differentiate between a conclusion that has been jumpede too and one that has had thought other than researching a little into the topic. therefore i can say with confidence that i have jumped to no such conclusions.

and i agree with whoever said that just because spain drops out doesnt make them safer. terrorists are learning that if you attack us we blow the **** out of your country, now they are learning if you attack spain they give you what you want... sure they took the moral high ground withsaying theun blah blah... but in essence what they are saying is dont attack us we are pulling out...

Did you know... that in the 1978 olympics in east germany when all those israelis athletes were killed the germans said that they would give the terrorists the means to escap if they promised never to launch an attack on german soil again. the got them a plain and surrendered all the hostages and allowed them to be killed just to be free of it ever happeneing again...

however i take great praise in the fact that mostat killed all but one who is hiding in egypt and they are still searching for him.

Leave a comment:

• L0GiCaL1
    replied

Originally posted by DudeMan
    and where is the quick judgement excuse me. all information i base my opinions on comes from news articles in the guardian the times, and some web sites. am i not allowed to form my opinion ... sorry.
    It isn't the fact that you have an opinion (everyone does) or that you are not allowed to form them, it is statements like the above that entice flaming and encourage people to make you squirm in your seat. State your opinion, use the facts to support it and let people say what they will (because they are going to anyway). If your statement requires clarification it will become evident in a very short amount of time.

As for the Spanish, they have not been long out from under the chokehold of neo-conservative (read: communist) dictatorship. They are still trying to figure out how to make their place in the free world economy and politics. You will see many more "learning" experience examples from them. This was merely a poor choice to their nation's benefit instead of looking at the much larger picture in terms of what their decision does to the effort to combat terrorism on a global scale. Even if they do pull out of Iraq in the short term, you will see them return when (and I say when not if) the UN decides to step in to take the burden off the Allies currently trying to quell a situation that has turned from "a common house fire" into "a towering inferno that covers 20 square blocks of a major city".

Leave a comment:

• leejo
    replied

I don't see how Spain's pulling out of Iraq makes them any safer unless you accept the argument that making terrorists happy makes you safe.

Personally, I'm glad to know that our Government is making terrorists hopping mad or dead.

Faced with last week's bombing on their soil, the only response Spain's people seem to have made is to blame the US and the situation in Iraq. I don't see how that becomes a plan to improve their security.
    Last edited by leejo; 03-18-2004, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DudeMan
    replied

Originally posted by USN_Squid
    ...except for the fact that the incumbent conservative party was leading the polls by a wide margin right up to the bombing. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but there were some quotes as well from people saying they changed their vote after the bombing.

yes this is correct the conservative part had a 10 point lead in the polls and it is virtually unheard of for a party to overcome another with that margin, it is argued that their overwhelming support is what kept the conservative pary from postponing the elections all togethher.

and the pulling troops out was not at all in the works as you suggest, it was merely the manifesto of the pary comming a distant second in the race for elections. the bombings had turned the tide and people opted for a knee jerk reation which has left spain defeated by terrorists.

thanks spain for your unwavering support when the terror was not yurs to bare, and thanks again for pulling out because actually the support was for political favors nothing else.

and where is the quick judgement excuse me. all information i base my opinions on comes from news articles in the guardian the times, and some web sites. am i not allowed to form my opinion ... sorry.

Leave a comment:

• jex
    replied

every country judges judges who sit in a judging panel to judge judges judging judges...LOL

No I meant that every person on the planet is too quick to judge. It sounded like you were just including your own kinsmen. I wanted to make a point that it's everywhere - except where there are judges who judge judges for judging other people about how judges should be judged...eek!

Leave a comment:

• Wyzcrak
    replied

Did you just say that every country judges people and America doesn't? Or did you just say that every country judges people and America is simply included?

If it was the latter, I must point out that I didn't claim America was MORE quick to judge, but only that we were TOO quick to judge.

Wyzcrak

Leave a comment:

• jex
    replied

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    We sure are quick to judge in this country. :(

Wyzcrak
    Not really Wyz. It's my experience that most people are quick to judge others based on little (if no) fact at all from every country - that's just our nature I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Wyzcrak
    replied

We sure are quick to judge in this country. :(

Wyzcrak

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed