Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit to London

H i guys,

Just wondering whether you could help me out on this.
    I'm planning a trip to London with my GF, either for the near future (2 weeks time) or sometime later, but looking for a nice Hotel to stay in.
    Does anybody have any idea's were I should look (district) and some advise on cool places to visit?

Our interests go to:

Sightseeing, shopping, a location to have dinner and something todo in the evening.

All tips are welcome.

Thanks,

Marco
    Pommetje

Re: Visit to London

The whole city is a cool place to visit. Too many places to list.. Picadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, the Tower bridge and everything around it, Coven Gardens (not really gardens, but lots of shops and stuff). Don't forget day tours to maybe Windsor Castle or Stratford-upon-Avon (Shakespeare's hometown) or Stonehenge -- buses will usually pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.

There's tons of theaters around.. pick a play you wanna see and pop in to one of the half price ticket places the day of. That'd probably be a decent outting for an evening.

Marriott's are nice places and I know I can always expect a decent place if their name is on the sign. I've stayed in the Marriott Marble Arch. Nice location and all, but probably pricey. Public transportation in London is excellent.. second to none really. So, don't worry too much about the exact location of your hotel as long as you're on the west end and within a block or three of a tube stop. Heck, we even stayed out by Heathrow one time (Airport Marriott, of course ;) ) and just took the train in to town each day.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

It's really easy to get around London. The London underground is pretty straightforward so you are able to get from one place to another quite quickly.

Comment

If you're having trouble getting around, remember motorcycles are all free if you're not wearing a helmet.
        ---
        Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

On a more serious note, I have stayed several times at a place called the Melia White House, which I found to be an excellent place, with great access on foot to everything you need to have a great time in London.
          ---
          Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Not sure if we will be going next week, kinda depends on the weather I think (hey, I can get rained out of my skull at home as well :row__593: ), but thanks in advance.

Marco
            Pommetje

Comment

Originally posted by Pommetje
              Thanks guys,

Not sure if we will be going next week, kinda depends on the weather I think (hey, I can get rained out of my skull at home as well :row__593: ), but thanks in advance.

Marco
              Weather in Britain has been excellent of the past couple of weeks, especially down south.

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                Weather in Britain has been excellent of the past couple of weeks, especially down south.
                abit toooo excellent, ahh it burns it burns!

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pommetje
                  ...looking for a nice Hotel to stay in...
                  This may be a late entry...but the last few times I've been to London I've stayed at the:

Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth on Great Russell Street.

Rooms are small (by N.A. standards anyway) but it's in a good location (a block away from the British Museum, and 5' from Covent Garden) and the hotel is in great shape.

Nick, the concierge is aging, but he is a super helpful guy.

Cheers.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                  if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X