X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush: Hezbollah needs to "Stop Doing This S**t"

I may not like him, but I like how he talks:

Article

Fun times, that's why I always make sure my lapel mics are off before I start talking to people other than my audience.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Bush: Hezbollah needs to &quot;Stop Doing This S**t&quot;

I sense... the greatest Daily Show episode ever...
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Caught on Video:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/vid...170706,00.html
      New to TG?

Comment

If someone finds a full video or audio recording, post it!

Originally posted by AP
        Bush also spoke to other leaders, and his unscripted comments ranged from the serious topic of escalating violence in the Mideast to light banter about his preference for Diet Coke and a gift he received from another leader.

Bush expresses amazement that it will take some leaders as many as eight hours to fly home about the same time it will take Air Force One with Bush aboard to return to Washington.

"You eight hours? Me, too. Russia's a big country and you're a big country," Bush said, at one point telling a waiter he wanted Diet Coke. "Takes him eight hours to fly home. Russia's big and so is China. Yeah Blair, what're you doing? Are you leaving."

Bush thanked Blair for the gift of a sweater and joked that he knew Blair had picked it out personally. "Absolutely," Blair responded, with a laugh.

A stickler for keeping to his schedule, Bush could also be heard telling Russian President Vladimir Putin, "We've got to keep this thing moving. I have to leave at 2:15. They want me out of town so to free up your security forces."
        Best Daily Show EVER tonight!
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

I think this is funny but also not very funny.

Comment

I found a better link showing the raw feed.

http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoCha...cf81ce2f790ac8

What can one learn about Bush from this clip?
            a) improperly uses the word 'irony'
            b) has obnoxious eating habits
            c) is an embarassment
            Last edited by Mosely; 07-17-2006, 02:43 PM.

Comment

To bad it wasn't live, wouldn't it be great to see the FCC fine the networks for an indecent word that came out of the presidents mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                I may not like him, but I like how he talks:

Article

Fun times, that's why I always make sure my lapel mics are off before I start talking to people other than my audience.
                Good. I wished he just took the gloves off for real. I'd respect him more if he just cut the crap and gave it straight up, Texas style.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                  You kidding, the democrats would faint
                  You mean they're still conscious?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                    You kidding, the democrats would faint and the political correctness folks would stroke out. LOL!
                    We're (democrats) already apoplectic when he speaks now!

We all know that this guy who gets up there and reads from the teleprompter (badly, I might add) isn't the real Bush. The slip about Hezbollah is about as real and candid a remark as you can get, and it the damn truth.

It would be refreshing to have him just get up there and say: "F-politics! I think I'm right, because what we stand for is under effing siege, and all the rest of you better get your heads out of your *&&*# and get with the program!"

Say, not to be a conspiracy theorist, but what makes anyone thing that Bush and Blair did not know the mic was still on?

Comment

It's not his expletive that is the real issue but his complete lack of objectivity. One of the primary reasons we are viewed negatively in the Arab world is the US is not an honest broker in the Middle East peace progress. Israel can act with impunity without suffering any real consequences from the US.

It's a double standard that we may not be able to see, but the Arabs sure do.
                      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                      "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                      - Check me out on The Onion
                      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Yes, they should be better at sitting on the fence. Taking sides has no place in this world!

That is, unless you think it is better to sit on the fence... I can go either way on the issue.
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Give me a break.

There is no issue here whatsoever. The stance taken by Bush on Hezbollah is no different from that of any other president towards organizations classified as terrorist. His use of an expletive is a non-issue as well. The content of his statement was in line with the statements issued by both the US and UK that same day. To be certain, Bush's preferences for handling the situation part ways with those of the other great powers in certain ways, but they are the same sort of differences every US administration has had with the other great powers regarding Israel-Arabia for decades.

Bush is hardly going out on a limb condemning Hezbollah, nor in saying Syria should pressure them to stop. Straight talk? Balls? Texan fire? More like scolding a badly behaving dog while it's down.

Comment

Ya, I think everyone is blowing the statement way out of proportion. Bush can say **** all he wants to, he's an american god damnit. It's not like it's a forbidden taboo, but I guess in the eyes of the media and everyone else it's not very presidential to be spouting **** like that ****. And we all know what bush is like in his private life, I bet there's an expletive in every other sentence he says. It's not like now, because it wasn't meant to be heard, this should cause an uproar.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath
                              It's not his expletive that is the real issue but his complete lack of objectivity. One of the primary reasons we are viewed negatively in the Arab world is the US is not an honest broker in the Middle East peace progress. Israel can act with impunity without suffering any real consequences from the US.

It's a double standard that we may not be able to see, but the Arabs sure do.
                              And do you think the Arab world acts with objectivity when it comes to Israel? Apparently more objectivity than you...Saudi Arabia has led the charge in the Arab world of condemning hezbollah and hamas for the latest escalations. If they can see it that way, why can't you?
                              ---
                              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X