Falling Sand Game Revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling Sand Game Revisited

The falling sand game with correct material properties (e.g. real densities) and high explosives!!

Most fun yet it to make a basin, fill it with nitro, pour lots of oil on top of the nitro, then release water inside the nitro and watch it float to the correct location given the relative densities of the materials. Oh, then light the whole thing on fire.

http://www.fallingsandgame.com/sand/pyro.html
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Falling Sand Game Revisited

My occupational therapist will not be pleased.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Just send the link to your therapist.
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

AHH!! Why did you post it AGAIN??? *life slips away*
        -Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
        We are not a single game.
        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

haha man this is so much fun

Comment

If only there was a version for download... it runs so much smoother from my harddrive :)

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Crazy cool.. in a wierd kinda way.. LOL
                sigpic

Comment

That is SO addictive.

Comment

I'm recreating Prometheus bringing man fire. This time man is made of C4, lives on highly flammable pastoral fields, and drinks from bubbling fountains of oil. Also it is raining Nitro.

This should be fun :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Arf
                      I'm recreating Prometheus bringing man fire. This time man is made of C4, lives on highly flammable pastoral fields, and drinks from bubbling fountains of oil. Also it is raining Nitro.

This should be fun :icon_lol:
                      HAHA!

I noticed that the plant growth was much more reasonable in the last version I tried.
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Yeah, plants are out of control on this version... but so is fire >: )

EDIT: Woohoo 1,000 posts ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                          EDIT: Woohoo 1,000 posts ;)
                          And yet we are STILL waiting for you to SAY something?!!

LOL - I'm glad you are around... :D
                          sigpic

Comment

So who wants to create the "Tactical" version?
                            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X