Inside the cockpit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the cockpit

Diary of an Israeli F-16 pilot: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Re: Inside the cockpit

I heard this morning that Israel had flown over 2000 sorties and that there have been less than 200 civilian Lebanese casualties. That's impressive.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Tell that to the poor families and poeple who have to bury the innocents. While I see your point I'm not sure impressive is the right word. Lucky maybe?

Don't get me wrong...I realize the low number of casualties means each sortie is carefully planned and targeted...I guess I just wanted to put in a word for those that we're caught in the crossfire.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70
        Tell that to the poor families and poeple who have to bury the innocents. While I see your point I'm not sure impressive is the right word. Lucky maybe?

Don't get me wrong...I realize the low number of casualties means each sortie is carefully planned and targeted...I guess I just wanted to put in a word for those that we're caught in the crossfire.
        Oh, I didn't mean to imply that war isn't hell. But it's still impressive.
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Other numbers are posted in the news in Europe (BBC world). 300+ civilian casualtes, 1/3 of theese are childere(UN numbers).
          --
          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Do you have a link for that? What I found on BBC World was 362 Lebanese killed, "many of them civilians."

If what you say is true, then theIsraelis haven't actually managed to kill any hezbollah members at all, and I find that unlikely.
            ---
            Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft
              Do you have a link for that? What I found on BBC World was 362 Lebanese killed, "many of them civilians."

If what you say is true, then theIsraelis haven't actually managed to kill any hezbollah members at all, and I find that unlikely.
              I don't understand. Are you saying that the BBC was claiming that there have only been 362 people killed by Israel? Total? That number seems way too low...

Huh...

I'm getting the same numbers, though:

Originally posted by NYT
              The deaths brought the toll to at least 380, Lebanese authorities said. Lebanon does not differentiate between civilian deaths and the deaths of Hezbollah fighters. The Israeli military says it has killed more than 100 Hezbollah fighters. The military also said that Hezbollah had fired nearly 100 rockets on northern Israel on Sunday, showing no slackening of the pace in recent days.

Two people were killed when at least 13 rockets fell on Haifa, the country's third-largest city, bringing Israel's civilian death toll in the 12-day conflict to 17. Israel has lost 19 soldiers in the fighting.
              Of course, it is the Times, so who knows how accurate it is...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

That's exactly what they reported. If you have other numbers, by all means, link them. I'm curious to see who is saying what.
                ---
                Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

I got the numbers from a newsreport on BBC world-TV(while at vacation). The 1/3 child part was also from TV, it was Jan EGeland(UN) speaking on how this conflict is hurting civilians on Arab side.

http://politics.netscape.com/story/2...ldren-says-un/
                  --
                  VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse