• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few reasons why English Football is sooo great...nice article

Hi all,

A fun read.....http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060719

Chappie

Re: A few reasons why English Football is sooo great...nice article

Looks cool. I'd love to follow soccer, but it's tough to find it on TV... I think anyway. Anyone know how to find games on TV? Or a programming schedule?
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Aston Villa -- By all accounts, they have the most miserable, self-loathing fan base in the EPL. That's what happens when you support a team that sounds like a Cadillac model.
      That ones getting an email composed as we speak....:D

This one made me chuckle though:

Estimated number of "I don't care who you pick, just don't pick Manchester United" e-mails: At least 700-750.
      Nice article, then again i have serious reservations about the judgement of anyone who sees fulham as a tempting holiday spot.

Comment

d'oh! beat me by an hour! http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...-epl-team.html

Comment

COYS!

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
            Looks cool. I'd love to follow soccer, but it's tough to find it on TV... I think anyway. Anyone know how to find games on TV? Or a programming schedule?
            I generally just watch international soccer, which is usually on ESPN if its a big enough game. Im thinking about getting the premiership games though, which i think can be done by asking your cable/dish provider for the premiership package. Ill have to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
              On my digital cable "guide", I can organize listings by themes. I went to sports and then soccer to find USA's world cup games.

San Diego used to have the best indoor soccer team in the US (maybe the world? Is indoor soccer popular anywhere else?) The San Diego Sockers. They had a championship ring for every finger and thumb! I went and watched them win a couple of their championships...

Anyway, now I think you'd have to go up to LA to watch Chivas USA if you want to see a live game. Chivas Mexico is kinda like Manchester United or the New York Yankees in that it's a great team that everyone loves to hate.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

He's right about having your spirit crushed tho. 15 years of supporting Spurs has left me a nervous wreck. When i heard on the radio that the team had gone down with food poisoning.. well i nearly cried to be honest :(

Comment

Bill Simmons is a must read. He is more of a fan writing about sports than a journalist so his views are slanted towards the Boston sports (except the Bruins) but I am sure that any fan who is passionate about the teams they cheer for or a fan of sports in general can relate to what he talks about. Its also fun to see him blend pop culture (past and present) with sports. Just my .05.

Comment

Hey guys...

Sorry I couldn't respond...we've been without power due to a series of bad storms that blew threw our area..just came back on about an hour ago..

Wulfyn...a Spur's fan huh??? you must have been gutted the way the gunners took 4th spot!!

Oh yea,,Fox Soccer Channel here in the states shows quite a few EPL matches..as well as matches from France, Argentina, and Italy...

Chappie

Comment

What's EPL?
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                        What's EPL?
                        Isn't it the English Premier League?
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

What's EPL?

Cing's correct, that's what The Premiership is called here in the States...English Premiere League

Can't wait for the new season to begin!!!

Chappie

Comment

You could always call it by it's correct name ; the premier league.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

You could always call it by it's correct name ; the premier league.
                              You think that England has the only "premier league" in the world? Heh... And after a quick google, I see that its correct name is "The FA Premier League".
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X