Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 cops accidentally shot by fellow officer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 cops accidentally shot by fellow officer...

Now this is why you don't allow just any cop to start shooting, lol... I could just see the incident in my head, one guy pulls out his gun, the one with the minimal fire range score and justs start letting loose... the other three yelling "no not you Barney, someone else!" lol

3 NYC Cops Shot in Friendly Fire Incident
    By Associated Press
    4 hours ago

NEW YORK - Three police officers were accidentally shot Sunday as one or more officers took aim at a pit bull attacking a member of their crew, police said. All were in stable condition.

The three officers suffered minor graze wounds and a fourth was bitten, said police Officer Doris Garcia.

The men had been responding to a dispute between a landlord and tenant in a Bronx building when the animal ran from another floor and attacked one of the officers, police said. The dog was killed by the gunfire.

The four remained hospitalized at Lincoln Medical Center following the shooting, which took place at about 12:10 a.m. on Concord Avenue.

The identities of the officers were not immediately released, and no further information was immediately available, police said.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: 3 cops accidentally shot by fellow officer...

wasnt me....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Three?! The officer managed to hit THREE others?! Good grief..

OK.. so it might not have been all by one officer.. but its funnier that way.

:madsmile:
      sigpic

Comment

Heh, that's funny, but it's not. Imagine a pit bull attacking your partner and you trying to shoot it! Yet another example of a good situation for a Taser...
        Last edited by CingularDuality; 07-23-2006, 04:29 PM. Reason: grammar
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

From what I've heard about pit bulls, it would take a lot more than a Tazer to put one down. There was an attack in my town and the cops had to shoot it multiple times before it finally gave up.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^>
            From what I've heard about pit bulls, it would take a lot more than a Tazer to put one down. There was an attack in my town and the cops had to shoot it multiple times before it finally gave up.
            Tasers will stop someone much faster than a bullet in many situations. Of course, it only lasts 5 seconds at a time. Who wants to let go of an enraged pit bull's proverbial tail?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

actually... it defaults to 5 seconds... it can last for hours depending on the battery and how long you hold the trigger down.

and I've seen videos where a special version took down a bull, also saw a video where the same thing happened they tazed the dog attacking the officer, once it stopped that dog was GONE, running full speed away... very good pain compliance training tool, lol...

actually (like I posted before) we just got tazers a month ago, I don't carry one because I'm a K9 handler... and don't want people questioning why I used one or the other...

but our first departmental use happened about a week ago...

I guy broke into some girls house, climbed in her bed and went to sleep... she woke up, screamed and he ran out... I arrived, got the info and direction he ran... used the dog, the dog found him inside a closed vehicle... I called it in, my back up arrived who has a tazer... we tried smashing the window... (alot harder then you think it would be), he rolled down the window just 2 inches to tell us to go away, he wasn't coming out... I reminded my back up, "use the tazer"... he stuck in in the 2 inch open window and fired into his chest... 5 seconds after, we ordered him to roll down the window, he refused, we tazed again (another 5 sec trigger pull)... afterards he said "ok, ok," and unlocked the door, we opened it and he continued to resist, pulled one of the prongs out, I had my dog in my left hand by the collar barking like crazy, wanting to bite the guy, and the bad guy by the hair in my right hand, pulled him out and put him on the ground.. he continued to resist and fight back, I didn't want to release my dog because if he got caught in the tazer wires and my back up pulled the trigger it would ruin that dog for life, no kidding... most likely will never work again... to much pain ,to much of a correction for the dog. (he would think the handler did it, not the bad guy.)

so anyway, the back up officer had to dry stun him into compliance... worked great.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

We have been using tasers for quite some time. In the jails any deputy who has been trained (all of them) can carry one if they wish. That is our first choice of force options (other than verbal). Meaning, if you can shoot them before you have to lay hands on them, do it. Our last two tasered inmates crapped their pants. Hysterical, really. I too have seen the footage magnum talks about. As long as you get a good contact the taser will bring down any person (yes, any) and almost any animal depending on size. Fantastic tools for law enforcement.
                "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Not being a law enforcement officer i can still agree with pickle about the taser being a fantastic option....no one gets "hurt" (for long, lol) but the "bad guy" still goes to jail

Magnum, what is "dry stun"?

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
                    As long as you get a good contact the taser will bring down any person (yes, any) and almost any animal depending on size.
                    I think it's a fantastic tool, but I wouldn't be so sure about it dropping ANY person. I've heard first hand accounts of guys ripping the darts out of their bare chest. Sure it slowed 'em down, but it sure didn't floor them like you would expect. Even Taser International has a video of some big, buff dude taking it standing up. And that's if the Taser works properly. There are many things that can go wrong with deploying a Taser (as there are with just about anything. Murphy hates cops.). I say this not to try to discredit Taser, but to simply encourage people not to be overconfident or to rely too much on just one tool. If a tool doesn't work, be prepared to pull out a different one.
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE
                      Magnum, what is "dry stun"?
                      It's where you use the Taser to actually make contact with the target, instead of shooting wired probes at someone. You can do this before, after, or while you've got the probes deployed, I believe.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

The old tasers (Rodney King) didn't work that well. The taser overwelms the nervous system. I agree that it is is dangerous to rely too much on a tool. However, I stated as long as you get good contact. I'd bet my next paycheck the guys taking the probes out didn't have good probes in them. Yes, Murphy hates cops.
                        "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                        [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          Heh, that's funny, but it's not. Imagine a pit bull attacking your partner and you trying to shoot it! Yet another example of a good situation for a Taser...
                          Nothing like shooting your fellow officer with a taser to make him more amicable to a pitbull attack...

:D
                          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Sheesh, luckly nobody was killed over trying to shoot a pitbull.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie
                              Sheesh, luckly nobody was killed over trying to shoot a pitbull.
                              Or that nobody was killed BY the pitbull...
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X