The bear whisperer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bear whisperer

Anyone ever hear about the Bear Whisperer? Man communes with bears. Man markets his bear love. Man's work is mocked by "qualified bear biologists" (a marginally less silly job description). Bear kills man and his girlfriend. Who saw that one coming?

What I don't get is this: obviously hanging out with a bear can get you eaten. But what's the upside? Suppose you master the fine art of speaking bear. OK....And?

Some more thoughts on the Bear Whisperer: http://www.shewolfworks.com/wolfsong...events_815.htm

Re: The bear whisperer

This is the same guy that they used all his footage to make Grizzly Man. I'm sure hanging out with bears is fun, except for that getting eaten alive part.

Not to get this off topic but I wonder if Colbert has ever done anything on his show about this documentary? He has an ongoing thing with bears on his show. :D

Comment

I saw "Grizzly Man" not too long ago. Interesting. Treadwell was definitely disturbed in some way, it's quite obvious that he is not a completely rational human being. None the less, I thought his relationships and philosophies about the Grizzlies and many of the other animals was quite interesting - even agreeable to some degree.

His death actually seemed like a mistake on his part - he stayed late into the season, after the bears he 'knew' had left the area, and a rougher crowd moved in. He actually knew of the bear the ended up killing him - a troublemaker. He also had a woman with him, which was not normal procedure.

In the end it just goes to prove that rational man has no equal on the planet, and is unnatural among all other species.

Comment

Yeah you should see that movie leejo. The guy's delusional. His camera was on while he and his girlfriend were being eaten, but the lens cover was on so they only got the audio - fortunately they don't play it during the movie! The narrator listens to the recording with headphones on then tells the girl who owns the only tape, "You must destroy this!" Gnarly.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely
          He also had a woman with him, which was not normal procedure.
          To make this thread more leejo-like, I must point out to you that this is the man that had sex in areas where bears were known to also mate.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i wish i had leejos job, just to sit around and find articles just like this one...
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Actually, I had a discussion with my family about the bear whisperer while sipping a mojito in Coral Gables this weekend. I'd never heard of the guy. In our conversation, Mom, who was getting things ready for my sister's wedding later in the evening, was the bear. Dad was the bear whisperer. And we were the smart bear whisperer's friends who were running away as quickly as possible.

Comment

One of the more drawn-out ways of committing suicide. He can now forever be remembered on posters that remind people of the danger of sitting close to huge things which eat people.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

You have to see the documentary on this guy. He was a total wackjob! The fact that he is now dead is a testament to Darwin. In fact I was completely disappointed when he wasn't nominated for a darwin award. I have always agreed with the statement that stupidity should hurt. I'm guessing it did for Treadwell.
                  "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                  [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Natural Selection at work, plain and simple.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X