Re: A warning to the young bucks out there

Originally posted by leejo
    Don't be a wimp.

But if wimpy you must be, be concise.
    I resemble that remark ;)
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Heh, while that email is entertaining, I agree with some of the comments to the article. Romance, or at least old romance and chivalry, is pretty much dead. Today's dating scene is pretty much about playing games, being rude, getting drunk and spending money. Try to do anything clever and old-fashioned, and you're labelled a weirdo or a stalker.

But hey, any publicity is good publicity, and I'm sure this dude will get his share of emails asking for dates now.
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
        But hey, any publicity is good publicity, and I'm sure this dude will get his share of emails asking for dates now.
        Either that or he's dancing alone in front of a mirror with Goodbye Horses playing in the background.

In my opinion, 500 words to someone you've barely met and hardly know isn't romantic or chivalrous, it's creepy and desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
          Heh, while that email is entertaining, I agree with some of the comments to the article. Romance, or at least old romance and chivalry, is pretty much dead. Today's dating scene is pretty much about playing games, being rude, getting drunk and spending money. Try to do anything clever and old-fashioned, and you're labelled a weirdo or a stalker.

I absolutely agree. I think about the several societal issues that I'm actually passionate about, and then I think about little things like this that are evidence that our society really is going downhill fast in ways that I don't normally notice.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X