IE7 to be pushed out as a priority update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE7 to be pushed out as a priority update

Are you kidding me? I dont want to get this browser in a update, i messed with beta and it was horrible. FF and opera are way better then IE7 will be. Gonna have to watch my updates from now on if this crap is gonna happen.

Any thought?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: IE7 to be pushed out as a priority update

Do you have a link for this?

All the previous versions of IE were pushed as priority updates because of security enhancements, I don't think this will be any different...but I'd love to see a link so I can see how much time they're giving themselves to fix the beta.

Me, I use FF and IE interchangeably. I prefer the tabbed browsing of FF in many situations (the IE7 beta didn't give me an option to "open link in new tab.") but I just am sick and tired of FireFox's lack of support.
    ---
    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

I prefer FireFox now almost entirely because of Wyzcrak's plugins for TG. IE7 doesn't affect me one way or the other...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

http://news.google.com/?ncl=http://w...038.html&hl=en
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...472.html&cid=0
          Originally posted by PCWorld
          When Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP is ready to ship later this year, Microsoft plans to urge users to get it by making it a "high priority" update via Automatic Updates--but you will be able to decline the upgrade.
          Sounds reasonable to me... I'll decline, I think.

"Internet Explorer 7 contains significant security enhancements that qualify it for delivery over Automatic Updates, and Microsoft recommends that all genuine Windows customers install it," the company said in a news release.
          Interesting how Microsoft is increasingly officially recognizing the fact that most of their OS' installations are less than legit.
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

One of my sisters best friends is a lead programer on IE7. I always tell him I feel sorry for him when I see him. He just chuckles and gives me the, "you're an idiot; I pity you" look :)

Last time I spoke to him the IE team had balooned in size (up from two people--yes, a little more than a year ago there were two, TWO programmers on the whole IE team) and was getting outta control. He was happy with the direction of the program (he couldn't talk about features) but he didn't think they were getting past the 'catch-up' phase of implementing features. Or that was the impression I got.

Hearing this, I really feel sorry for him now ;)
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              I prefer FireFox now almost entirely because of Wyzcrak's plugins for TG. IE7 doesn't affect me one way or the other...
              Where are these at?
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                Where are these at?
                Links are in his sig: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/member.php?u=38

Or here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ins#post479839
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X