August 22nd Significance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 22nd Significance?

I keep hearing about the significance of the 22nd being a very important day within Islam historically. The harbringers of doom speak to Iran choosing the 22nd strategically as the date to tell the world about it's pursuit of nuclear weapons. Iran is basically pushing ahead with it, but is anyone else hearing that this date may be one in which Iran makes a move?

ThreatsWatch.Org: RapidRecon: Iran and August 22

I have read and heard different things on it and want to see what others have seen or heard.

Lucky Shot

Re: August 22nd Significance?

Iran has pretty much already told the world about its pursuit of nuclear weapons.

Comment

Yea they did. However, the date supposedly holds some significance and is thought to be a potential day for an attack. It is thought that might have been the day that the airlines would have been attacked from britain to the US and I have heard some say expect either higher terrorist activity up to and including potential moves from a larger country (Syria or Iran).

Lucky Shot

Comment

The 22nd is here. Iran captured a romanian oil rig in Iranian waters. Iran also delivered their response to the UN Security Council and Germany (the so-called P-5+Germany) incentives package. Although details of the response remain secret, you can bet that uranium enrichment isn't about to be given up by the Iranians.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
        [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
        Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Glad it was nothing more than that.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I'm a little concerned that Iranian military members fired on citizens of a NATO country today and it's not making bigger headlines.
            ---
            Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
              I'm a little concerned that Iranian military members fired on citizens of a NATO country today and it's not making bigger headlines.
              Where did you read about that? You'd figure that would be bigger news (although could be played down to avoid throwing more gas on the fire).
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                Where did you read about that? You'd figure that would be bigger news (although could be played down to avoid throwing more gas on the fire).
                Well, the AP story was featured briefly on cnn.com today, but I can't find a link to it on any of main pages; I only know about it because someone else provided me with the link.
                ---
                Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                  Where did you read about that? You'd figure that would be bigger news...
                  The networks can't bother with it this week. Didn't you hear? They caught a creepy pervert in a ten-year old murder case no one cares about!
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

There was also a russian jet that crashed - ~170 fatalities - with a similar chunk of coverage. Luckily, I always have my America: The Calendar "Determining Newsworthiness" chart. It reads:

Renegade moose in yard < septuplets! < renegade truck on fire < conjoined babies < new disease outbreak (Africa < rest of world) < war! < disgruntled man with gun < baby breifly imperiled by celebrity.

I'm guessing both the jet crash and the oil rig capture rate below coinjoined babies, but above renegade truck on fire.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                    [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X