Paintball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintball

I am a very big paintballer and I was wondering if anyone else does and what gear they use...

I have a pimped out A5, will add pics later, spec ops fusion camo, blackhawk solag gloves, brahma boots, v-force vantage mask that I pimped, proline 6+1 harness, 7 140 round pods, 3 20 oz c02 tanks and more.

Re: Paintball

Been playing for 17 years. I captain a team of scenario players in so cal.

i use 3 automags, a phantom, a custom lever action gun...i think that is it.
    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

The couple times i played paint ball back in the day, we played CTF in the WOODS! It was like a real life bf2 infantry map. Now that was fun. This stuff i see on ESPN where its in a 75 foot area looks boring to me,its just who can pull the trigger the fastest.

Comment

OOoooooOOOo phenom, you need to try it out before you knock it. There is a lot more going on on that field that you can see on tv. There are tactics and situational responses going on quicker than you can even see.

all i can say is ive been playing speedball since pretty much it was invented and it caters more to people like me, who find it alright to go out in the woods and hunt for the enemy for an hour. but find it great to have a fast intense game that you get get done with and on to the next one quickly.

As for cowboys post,
        I have a Smartparts ION with a blackheart board a quck release/ no rise feed neck, freak barrel and a halo hopper as my main marker right now.

My old main is a dye ultralite autococker with an all american barrel and a gen 1 eblade trigger frame
        i dont have a pic but heres the gun...mines all silver

both guns use High pressure air and i have 2 3000psi fiber wrap tanks to solve that issue.
        i play back so i have a 4+3 pack and your generic 140 rd tubes
        add to that a Jt proteus mask with the built in two/way radio and i think thats it for all the gear i actually use now

Hey Pickle, you have a pic of that lever-action? id love to see it!

Comment

My gear.

My friend has an Ion right now he has:

Ion
          Virtue Board
          Halo B
          New Board for Halo B
          Standard Barrel
          92/4500 Crossfire Tank

He's shooting like 21-26 BPS with no skips or chops.

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE View Post
            OOoooooOOOo phenom, you need to try it out before you knock it. There is a lot more going on on that field that you can see on tv. There are tactics and situational responses going on quicker than you can even see.

all i can say is ive been playing speedball since pretty much it was invented and it caters more to people like me, who find it alright to go out in the woods and hunt for the enemy for an hour. but find it great to have a fast intense game that you get get done with and on to the next one quickly.

As for cowboys post,
            I have a Smartparts ION with a blackheart board a quck release/ no rise feed neck, freak barrel and a halo hopper as my main marker right now.

My old main is a dye ultralite autococker with an all american barrel and a gen 1 eblade trigger frame
            i dont have a pic but heres the gun...mines all silver

both guns use High pressure air and i have 2 3000psi fiber wrap tanks to solve that issue.
            i play back so i have a 4+3 pack and your generic 140 rd tubes
            add to that a Jt proteus mask with the built in two/way radio and i think thats it for all the gear i actually use now

Hey Pickle, you have a pic of that lever-action? id love to see it!

Boo speed ball. Killed the game for me.

First I am old and fat.

Second you know where everybody is within a couple of yards. No sneakyness.

Third way too much paint is thrown. Technology plays to big a part.

Forth your options for attack are limited.

Fifth the teams must be limited in size because the fields are so small.

Sixth, there really is no such thing as a flank in speed ball.

So boooo speedball, BOOOOO!!!!!

I remember the day where a semi auto was a rare thing to see. Pumps being the norm. That was fun play. ANd you could play all day for $20 plus field fees.

And pickle... Did you say lever action? I would really like to see a picture of that.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy From Hell View Post
              the reason Ions don't chop isn't because of the barrel it is because Ions come standard with an Eye. Ions are a good marker there is no arguement here, but it isn't something that you would want to keep if you are going t oget really serious into speedball. And all in all I'd say I've probably chopped 5 balls.

Oh i didnt mean to implicate that the barrel causes chops. A "chop" happens when gravity or your feeder is just too slow and the paintball gets caught between the bolt sliding forward and the edge of the breech which then gets sticky gooey paint in your breech causeing decreased accuracy and in general bad stuff to happen. And the worst part of a chop is that it will cause more chops due to the foreign material not allowing the next ball to fall in easily.
              Its a horrible cycle folks!

But a tippman barrel will cetainly cause breaks thanks to the rough walls (keep in mind folks that the one selling here has an aftermarket barrel)
              i guess to prove my point.....do ANY of you tippman users use the original barrel?

But yeah, for the same price as you paid for your a5 i get an electro trigger way more bps AND an eye to keep chops from happening.
              Plus the ion is dead sexy! :)

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                Boo speed ball. Killed the game for me.

First I am old and fat.

Second you know where everybody is within a couple of yards. No sneakyness.

Third way too much paint is thrown. Technology plays to big a part.

Forth your options for attack are limited.

Fifth the teams must be limited in size because the fields are so small.

Sixth, there really is no such thing as a flank in speed ball.

So boooo speedball, BOOOOO!!!!!

I remember the day where a semi auto was a rare thing to see. Pumps being the norm. That was fun play. ANd you could play all day for $20 plus field fees.

And pickle... Did you say lever action? I would really like to see a picture of that.
                -im getting old too...thats why i play back mostly anymore...

-theres plenty of sneakiness.....just not to the point of wandering for 3 hours to simply find the other team. i dont know how many times ive moved to a new bunker and no one on the other team knew where i was and .....you can be sneaky you just have to be quick too.

- im with a feild sponsored team...we only pay cost for a case of paint...so we dont really care how much we use. (to a point...let be reasonable)
                i use about a case a day of playing for fun and i use about 3 cases on tourney days

- by limited do you mean that in woods ball you can do anything but find, fix and flank? thats what we do in speedball but its on a limited scale...

- so, to flank we need to take out the guys on the left gaurding that flank first (how is that any different than woodsball?) then we can send a guy forward on that left side ..im pretty shure thats flanking.....its an extremely commono tactic in speedball...you just dont have to run 500yds to do it.

hey, i remeber the days of pumps as well...and they were fun.....ive been trying to get the guys at our local feild to have a "cheapass pump touney"
                where we would all have the same gun (a brass eagle talon) then we could really see where the skill lies. alas most of those shmoes are too scared to come out from hiding behind their DM4s and angels to try something different

Comment

Oh, I know speed ball is fun. Just not the same. It is great filler for the real mans game. jab jab

But I do suggest a pump game if you can. Even on a speed ball field. At first it is weird and kind of disapointing because it is so slow. But after you settle into it is very fun. You can move around alot more becuase the fire rates are so slow.

Another thing to try is limiting the paint you can take onto the field to some small number like 50-100 rounds.

What is suprising about both the pump and the limited round games is how some people adjust. Some can't, other excel at the slow game and a few are good at both.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Cowboy from Hell, from what I see, I say 'LOL CADPAT, MARPAT FTW".

Bad choice for black equipment. Unless you're playing MOUT or something like that, you'll be spotted easily. Coyote Tan and OD is the way to go, the Eagle CIRAS I have is OD and fits well with my RAID-style MARPAT BDUs for a similar, but even better paintball-like game IMO.

Comment

But yeah, for the same price as you paid for your a5 i get an electro trigger way more bps AND an eye to keep chops from happening.
                      Yeah, but mine will last longer.

Paper, I'm not sure how much you know about camo but black isn't a dead give away. It is hardly even noticeable at times. And plus I don't need to worry about the black I need to worry about the red I added to my mask:

Also there isn't much point in me sneaking since I use a 330+ APP hopper and full auto. My main job is to suppress the opposite team.

Comment

yeah, camo is kinda 'out' in speedball too, considering we're all hiding behind big yellow and red blowup bunkers....so my jersey is yellow like the ones in the pics in my other thread (plug....go look at em and tell me what you think!)

Gringo, we play limited paint quite a bit to drill accuracy and just cause we dont feel like having a case of paint on our back....its still fun

weve played "civil war" where you get no hopper, you just have to feed the balls in by hand one by one.....thats even slower than a pump....but it can get downright hilarious at times

have you guys ever been to any big scenario games? i went to D-Day down in oklahoma one year (round 2000 i think) all i can say about that is WOW!
                        id love to go again but finances have never been situated at the right time to let me go again.

Comment

Went to D-Day this year and had so much fun that I am organizing a group of player to go from the West Coast to have our own company in the 82nd. Should be fun.

Here is the lever action. HIs name is Barnabas

"Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                          [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Not to show my age but...

The 1st paintball game I played we rented splatmasters. We bought 1 box of "california magnum" paintball (200 total) for 6 people. They lasted all day with some to spare. I bought a new pgp the next day and traded it for an SL-68 a while later. My 1st semi was a tippman Pro-Am which still shoots great. I still have the SL-68. My main marker to play with now is a '99 'cocker.

I really miss the days of woods ball. Man that was fun. The younger kids now with their trash talk and $2000 markers just ruin the game.

Anyone that says that the marker doesn't matter needs to take a pgp out on a speedball field.
                            Retired 6th DB

Comment

I used to play a LOT of paintball, but this is going back quite a number of years.

I have a VM68 Magnum with a number of customizations around somewhere. If I can find it I'll grab some pictures and post them tonight or this weekend.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X