Kegerators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegerators

Need I say more? Everyone is selling them these days and I wondered if they're worth the investment or is it really just a novelty item?

I saw this one and thought it was pretty smooth being able to operate as a regular refrigerator when not storing a keg.

Mugs in the freezer...oh man...

Anyway, someone talk me out of buying this beauty! It's so frivolous, and yet...it draws me in...like the Death Star's tractor beam...

Re: Kegerators

One of my roommates in college had one.. Worth every penny.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

If you're looking for a cheap alternative, try this:
      • Pick up a small/cubic chest freezer big enough for your keg.
      • Find a 110v thermostat switch. You can find some models here.
      • Pick up a tap assembly at your local restaurant supply house.

Wire up the chest freezer to the thermostat and set it for 38dF or whatever temperature you want. This will turn off/on the chest freezer to keep it from actually FREEZING the beer. Drill a hole through the top of the chest freezer and mount the tap assembly. Connect the tap assembly to the chilled keg of goodness inside, and drink!

Generally speaking, you can get all of the above for a LOT less than what you pay for a kegerator, and in the end it will look just as good. I used to have one that I built that could hold three soda kegs full of beer along with both C02 and nitrogen tanks.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
        If you're looking for a cheap alternative, try this:
        • Pick up a small/cubic chest freezer big enough for your keg.
        • Find a 110v thermostat switch. You can find some models here.
        • Pick up a tap assembly at your local restaurant supply house.

Wire up the chest freezer to the thermostat and set it for 38dF or whatever temperature you want. This will turn off/on the chest freezer to keep it from actually FREEZING the beer. Drill a hole through the top of the chest freezer and mount the tap assembly. Connect the tap assembly to the chilled keg of goodness inside, and drink!

Generally speaking, you can get all of the above for a LOT less than what you pay for a kegerator, and in the end it will look just as good. I used to have one that I built that could hold three soda kegs full of beer along with both C02 and nitrogen tanks.

I was thinking the same. I've seen several custom made by the owners that are relatively simple to put together and would save yourself the $1K this one lists at.

But, that sure is a FINE looking kegerator. Every beer drinker should have one!

Comment

I used to have one that I built that could hold three soda kegs full of beer along with both C02 and nitrogen tanks.
          This isn't yours, is it?!?! Four faucets, ahahahahaha...

Comment

I LIKE IT!

Both of them!

Being recently 'single' a kegerator is definately in my future. :)
            sigpic

Comment

I used to have one that I built that could hold three soda kegs full of beer along with both C02 and nitrogen tanks.
              Yea, a couple of little torpedo kegs would be nice for some variety. Drinking however many hundreds of cups of the same beer can get old. Once my roommate got bored of the normal sized kegs of crap beer, he started dabbling in home brew stuff. He ended up turning the kegerator into storage for his homebrew stuff, just getting kegs when we'd have parties or whatever.

Ours was more like this one. We had a couple bartenders that lived next door that gave us some handles. We started out buying a used full size fridge for like $50.. The guy swore it worked. After lugging it home, we found it didn't cool! So, we ended up just using it as an oversized cooler for a bit. Then roomie went for the real deal.

Told a friend of mine about it, and he convinced his wife that they needed one too.. I think she ended up enjoying it more than him ;) He'd go out of state for work and she'd give him money to pick up kegs that they couldn't get in Georgia and make him haul it back in the trunk of his Vette :p
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

I used to do a lot of homebrew. So I usually had an IPA, some sort of fruity lambic and a stout on tap. I used the 5 gallon soda kegs in my system so the chest freezer wasn't quite as huge as the one pictured above. :)
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X