Country star accused of illegally killing tame bear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country star accused of illegally killing tame bear

Well, I always hoped he would be jailed for the bad music but seems he might go for something else:
    CNN.com - Country star accused of illegally killing tame bear - Aug 16, 2006

Gentry, 39, of Franklin, Tennessee, and Lee Marvin Greenly, 46, of Sandstone, appeared Tuesday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Raymond Erickson in connection with a sealed indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Minneapolis.

Authorities allege that Gentry purchased the bear from Greenly, a wildlife photographer and hunting guide, then killed it with a bow and arrow in an enclosed pen on Greenly's property in October 2004.

I have no problem with hunting, but isn't this kind of hunting absolutely absurd? I shouldn't even be calling it hunting....

More idiocy:

Gentry allegedly paid about $4,650 for the bear, named Cubby. The bear's death was videotaped, and the tape later edited so Gentry appeared to shoot the animal in a "fair chase" hunting situation, the government alleges.

Re: Country star accused of illegally killing tame bear

That's just silly. Somebody needs to just beat him senseless and take away his man card.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I thought the "star" designation was reserved for people who are familiar to the general public. I've never heard of this guy until now.

Beyond that, I'll just file this under "I don't care".
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
        I thought the "star" designation was reserved for people who are familiar to the general public. I've never heard of this guy until now.

Beyond that, I'll just file this under "I don't care".
        It's not so much who it is as what he did to get him the headline, if in fact the allegations are true.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          That's just silly. Somebody needs to just beat him senseless and take away his man card.
          I nominate Ted Nugent!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X