Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead animal found in Maine may be legendary "mystery beast"

August 16, 2006

TURNER, Maine --Residents are wondering if an animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation.

The animal was found near power lines along Route 4 on Saturday, apparently struck by a car while chasing a cat. The carcass was photographed and inspected by several people who live in the area, but nobody is sure exactly what it is.

Full Article:
    Residents wonder if dead animal is legendary mystery beast - Boston.com

This thing is really bizarre. Anyone seen anything like this before?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Dead animal found in Maine may be legendary "mystery beast"

I saw that story! Creepy. Says a doberman and a rottweiler got smoked by something recently. Tough bastard.

Comment

I'm curious why wildlife officials and animal control refused to go see the body of the animal. Being something that strange, I figure they would want to take a look.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
        I'm curious why wildlife officials and animal control refused to go see the body of the animal. Being something that strange, I figure they would want to take a look.
        That's what I was thinking. Usually people are all over that kind of discovery. Maybe they're afraid! It does look pretty damn evil.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I hope a DNA analysis is done on that animal. I'm willing to bet it's either a weird hybrid and/or mutations.

Or... it's ManBearPig!

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Are there more photos? That one didn't look too strange. It looked like a puppy.

My first thought at half rodent/half dog would be a Tasmanian Devil, but there's no way that a Taz could take out a Dobie or Rott.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
              They didn't go look because they already know what it is. Just like Bigfoot, Nessie, and Champ. They've known about these animals for years, it part of the governments research into alien hybrids.
              I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Comment

Maybe it was Troy Lee Gentry that done keeled it.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

I hope it's something yet undiscovered by science. I love that kind of stuff.
                  |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                  "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                  - Check me out on The Onion
                  - I'm on the local news!

Comment

This is all wrong, Scully. This is not how the story is supposed to end.
                    |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

I'm with Cing on this - looks like a dog in that picture.
                      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

It's El Chupacabra!!!

Comment

Cryptozoology is an interesting field. Too bad none of the local colleges offer it!

Comment

Yet another case of wolf-dog cross breeding. Bad news. Wolves are not meant to be domesticated, and not meant to be cross-bred with domestic breeds.

Comment

Hmm... the fur looks like that of a cat but there is a little dog in the head... maybe a dog got confused one day and humped a cat... who knows.

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X