Naked performance with dead pig branded "sick"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked performance with dead pig branded "sick"

Nekkid lady cradles dead pig for 4 hours.

Wow I'm torn. On the one hand, ew. On the other hand, Peta hates it.

Maybe our British brethren can check it out and report back?

Re: Naked performance with dead pig branded "sick"

Thats tame.

It's a bit odd.. not provocative.. although it is thought provoking. I guess it is already succeeding in eliciting a response from people.. even

My first response to your title was "Hey WOW.. Perry got in the news!" :D
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reuters
      Kira O'Reilly's show, called "Inthewrongplaceness" will be performed at the Newlyn Art Gallery in Penzance, southwest England, later on Friday.
      If this is in Cornwall it is definitely true. ;)

Comment

OK Gang, there's a photo of the show hyah.

BARE BOOBIE AND DEAD PIG ALERT!!! NSFW AND NOT KOSHER!!!

Comment

Thats...really sick.

I pity anyone who actually goes to that art show, but as long as she's making PETA angry, I say go ahead and let her do it. :)

Comment

Um, yeah....

Methinks we use the term art a little loosly these days.

The pig was bacon anyway, so no bones there. It's more, wtf is the point...
            Do or do not, there is no try....
            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

I agree with all the posts. + rep to the naked lady for making PETA mad.
              "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I actually think it's pretty interesting and not a bad stab at modern/performance art. It looks like an excellent postmodern pieta to me. AND it pisses off PETA. :)

Comment

Well if the pig is already dead, then I have no problem with it at all. Come on, its Art.
                  Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch View Post
                    Well if the pig is already dead, then I have no problem with it at all. Come on, its Art.
                    Ummm, what difference does it make if she cut its throat before the performance or during it?

Oh, and if that's art, then I'm proud to say that I just don't get it...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Anytime the discussion of "is it art" comes up and someone defends something outrageous I always think of Robert Maplethorpe.
                      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Who was a brilliant photographer. If you don't care for photos of fists up butts, check out some of the orchids.

LOTS OF NSFW STUFF at The Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation, Inc. (and for God's sake, check out the rack on "Lisa Marie" in the female nudes section. Unless you're under 18, in which case don't, you didn't hear it here, and shame on you if you do look)

When the "is it art" thing comes up I think of Kenneth Noland and Mark Rothko and the like.

IMO if you hear about it, it's art. There are plenty of losers who think they're artists but, thank God, they don't get much press.

Take pig lady, for example. Look at the pic. At least we can agree, I hope, that it's a well-executed installation. Nothing looks cheap or sloppy. And I bet that most people who suspend judgment on the "is it art?" question who spend a minute looking at it and thinking about it will agree it definitely has a vibe. Check out a pieta and look again.

AND it pissed off PETA! What's not to love?

Whether or not these artists require public funding is a separate issue.
                        Last edited by leejo; 08-19-2006, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I personally find it pretty interesting and not offensive at all. I'm pretty ambivalent about PETA, but I think it's funny that two communities that usually overlap (ARTISTEs and vegan extremists) are being put against each other.

Comment

Maplethorpe was a good photog, no doubt about it. However a picture of a turd, no matter how perfect the picture or the turd, is still a picture of a turd.
                            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Now why did you have to bring John Kerry into the discussion?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X