The truth about PETA.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about PETA.

Penn & Teller reveal the truth about PETA.

***Warning: language and some brief graphic PETA images***

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/709.html
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: The truth about PETA.

Heh, great show I watched a season or two of it. Although I thought this stuff was common knowledge with PETA :X.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I wore my "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" T-shirt in class last year and my PETA loving teacher sent me to the front office for dress code. I ended up going back to class with the same shirt on ;)

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        Penn & Teller reveal the truth about PETA.

***Warning: language and some brief graphic PETA images***

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/709.html
        Wow. What show is that?
        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

It's called Bull****! It's on Showtime, and it's a fun thing to watch. Each episode takes some commonly held belief and shows you why it doesn't really hold water.

My favorite so far was the one where they talked about how recycling is (almost always) a stupid idea, and how the idea that we're running out of landfill space for our garbage is pretty much a complete lie.

Edit: The name of the program doesn't have those asterisks in it, but the forum software is afraid you will be cursed by a vengeful spirit if you see that particular combination of letters on screen. This calls to mind another great episode, where they talk about how crazy we are for allowing ourselves to be scared of "curse words."
          Last edited by Switchcraft; 08-20-2006, 06:22 AM. Reason: Big Brother knows best.
          ---
          Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

I watch it quite regularly! The whole PETA episode was great. The environmentalism one was quite good as well!
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I've never even ehard of this show. That was interesting, funny and informative. Sometimes I think the harsh language was unecessary and just for shock value. But hey, that's Penn and Teller.
              "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                While I share some of the opinions about PETA expressed in that episode, I find their presentation abrasive and sensationalistic. I felt like I was being force-fed this commentary by a WWF wrestler while he held me down for a three-count.

It left me feeling a little weird.
                That is an excellent description of the show. I have enjoyed some of the topics that I've seen them cover, but I would be happy with "just the facts".
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                  Sometimes I think the harsh language was unecessary and just for shock value. But hey, that's Penn and Teller.
                  Really? I was thinking that his choice of words was a perfect example of why cursing is so effective. And, amongst friends, coworkers and some acquaintances, that's about how I talk...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

In the episode on curse words, Penn and Teller avoid using them. It's great.
                    ---
                    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Sometimes they were very effective and appropriate. However, there were times when I thought that a particular phrase could have been worded better. That being said, I think it was a very good show with some good facts. It is suprising to see Hollywood, any faction of it, coming out against PETA like that.
                      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

ya... so.... i dont like PETA anyway