Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warren Wilson College Ranks "High" in recent college ratings!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Wilson College Ranks "High" in recent college ratings!

Princeton Review recently rated the "Best 361 Colleges" in a whole series of legitimate categories and apparently some more dubious ones. Warren Wilson College pulled several top 20 rankings including most beautiful campus (and others).

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/8/23/212637.shtml?s=ic

Let me editorialize now by saying that the article cracked me up and I would sincerely question why they would even measure these other highly subjective categories.

Lucky Shot

Re: Warren Wilson College Ranks "High" in recent college ratings!

One of the ads on that site was flashing the following at me:
    "Discover forbidden attraction secrets the LIBERAL MEDIA does not want you to know"

I'm willing to buy into some pretty hefty right-wing / left-wing media conspiracy theories, but that one has taken the taco.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Re: Warren Wilson College Ranks &quot;High&quot; in recent college ratings!

WWC is my alma mater! I called up my best friend in college, who is now their director for development, and asked him if he could guess why I was calling. He said "uh....we're #1! We're #1!"

WWC is an absolutely wonderful place, but I do tell folks I went to a commune with a college theme. Everyone works for the school 15 hrs. a week regardless of financial need, doing everything from slopping the pigs to HVAC to developing new development programs or creating new network architectures for the school. Everyone also performs 20 hours of service work each semester. Mostly the freshmen do the minimum and the seniors get very involved in creating and leading programs or work projects. Academics, work, and service make up the academic triad.

And it's a stunningly beautiful place.

I saw last week that UT Austin has been deemed the biggest party school in the country. WWC is apparently the kindest.

Comment

Re: Warren Wilson College Ranks &quot;High&quot; in recent college ratings!

I saw last week that UT Austin has been deemed the biggest party school in the country.
        No surprise :)

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...