I've been elected.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been elected.

Well, not really. Right before departing for Europe, i voted in our county primaries. After making my selections, i observed that there was no one in the committeeman position, so i wrote myself in. A few days later i received a letter from the Board of Elections....i was in a tie for the position and they were going to draw lots to see who won! Recieved another letter since then and I'm the new Republican committeeman for Mercer County! (whatever that means.) They sent me a loyalty oath, which i had to sign stating that i wasn't a communist....not really, actually I wish that i had a copy to post here as it was quite humorous to me. Something to the affect that i am not a deceitful individual lacking all moral values and virtues. i lied, and stated that i was not! So some other wanker and myself wrote our names on the ballot, and this wanker won! Now i get calls from my Congressmans office. Had to vote for the chair of the county last week, and have a fund raiser coming up in mid-September. So, is this the beginning of what will eventually lead me to my wildest dreams of total world domination? Shall i too stand beside the great tyrannts of our time? Hitler started out painting postcards in Vienna and look where he ended up. (Raving mad, hudled in an underground bunker, moving armies that didn't exist, betrayed by everyone and eventually with his brains on the back of a couch.) But i ask you, what is the point of having power if you don't abuse it? Anyhow...it's really just a job no one else wanted, but i enjoy/hate politics, so what the hell?

Your supplications to my greatness may now begin.
    Last edited by Dirt013; 08-31-2006, 08:56 PM.
    Dirt013

Re: I've been elected.

Congrates. First things is first.
    Join the 12th Division. They are well under way for Global Conquest. I am pretty sure they are in phase 65 of 561 phases of Inpending Doom for the world.
    So if u act now u will already have a young/fresh force to perhaps one day command.
    Of course u need to win over the Dude.
    Remember, the Dude abides.

Of cousre u heard nothing from me.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 08-31-2006, 10:28 PM.
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

You serious???

HA HA HA! You should immediately ask for a Falcon gaming rig for doing "paperwork".
      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013 View Post
        So, is this the beginning of what will eventually lead me to my wildest dreams of total world domination? Shall i too stand beside the great tyrannts of our time? Hitler started out painting postcards in Vienna and look where he ended up. (Raving mad, hudled in an underground bunker, moving armies that didn't exist, betrayed by everyone and eventually with his brains on the back of a couch.) But i ask you, what is the point of having power if you don't abuse it? Anyhow...it's really just a job no one else wanted, but i enjoy/hate politics, so what the hell?

Your supplications to my greatness may now begin.

:row__690:

My God, the country is in worse shape than I suspected.....wonder how much a flight to Australia costs right about now....

Have to say that the Hitler description fits you to a tee bro. ;) Makes me wonder what kind of State those people are running to actually let you win anything, but hey, DIRT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!

(can I be VP?)
        It's all in the Reflexes.

Comment

LOL, that is so cool Dirt. Next step President Dirt!

Comment

A college acquaintance did something similar to this, and became a constable in PA. He can make arrests and carries a badge because he wrote himself in.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Do they pay you to do that?
              ---
              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Can I be the "Minister of the Pimp Slap"?
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

:icon20: Only in PA can things go rotten.......

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Way to step up bro...doing good things for the community is cool...Keep record of your service and your accomplishments and make sure they get on your CV.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                      Congrates. First things is first.
                      Join the 12th Division. They are well under way for Global Conquest.
                      So if u act now u will already have a young/fresh force to perhaps one day command.
                      Perfect, how do you feel about Brown Shirts, I think they'd go well with my agenda. You were wise to come aboard early, i won't fail to reward your loyalty in the future.

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                      :row__690:
                      DIRT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!
                      (can I be VP
                      I prefer Absolute Dictator, ad no you cannot be VP, for there is no such post. How does Vice Chancellor grab you?

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
                      Do they pay you to do that?
                      LOL, what do you think? I wrote myself in, which means only I and one other guy even wanted the job!

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                      Can I be the "Minister of the Pimp Slap"?
                      HMMM an interesting proposition. I believe Horst Wessel was a pimp as well, but lets replace this with something which will strike more fear into those we intend to exploit, such as: Minister of the Iron Fisted B!&#H be good slap. catchy, eh?

Originally posted by TG_Bubba View Post
                      :icon20: Only in PA can things go rotten.......
                      And it's only going to get worse from here.

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                      Way to step up bro...doing good things for the community is cool...Keep record of your service and your accomplishments and make sure they get on your CV.
                      Thanks Grunt, I figure it's time for some fresh blood and some new ideas. In all seriousness, which the above comments obviously ARE NOT, I'm not the old line Conservative Republican. My friends and are are more the undercurrent of the party, the Neo-Republicans. We don't really care that homosexuals wish to be married, and although we might not personally agree with abortions, we feel that making them illegal would be detrimental to our society as a whole. (short explanation that.) We're more concerned with less taxes, and the Federal Government returning to it's Constitutional role...Foreign affairs, regulating interstate commerce and maintaining a military. Other than that, States Rights! I like Libertarianism, but can't abide by their stance on open borders. The less Government influence in our lives the better off we all are in the end. imo. That's the short of it anyway.

My post, however, was meant to be light-hearted, and wasn't intended to discuss politics...just found the situation funny and wanted to share it with our community.
                      Dirt013

Comment

OMG.. this.. this.. THIS.. is just WIERD! But it's kind of neat at the same time.

LOL! Congrats.. (I think)

Now if we can ONLY get you to step up to the CO chair more often in BF2!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013 View Post
                          My friends and are are more the undercurrent of the party, the Neo-Republicans. We don't really care that homosexuals wish to be married, and although we might not personally agree with abortions, we feel that making them illegal would be detrimental to our society as a whole. (short explanation that.) We're more concerned with less taxes, and the Federal Government returning to it's Constitutional role...Foreign affairs, regulating interstate commerce and maintaining a military. Other than that, States Rights!
                          I feel the same way, too bad the republican party seems to be going even further right.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                            I feel the same way, too bad the republican party seems to be going even further right.
                            I'm right there, too. I think our best bet is guiding the Libertarian Party to a sensible plank on illegal immigration. The GOP isn't going to bend in the face of things as trivial as the people...

Oh, and congrats, Dirt. What kind of responsibilities come with your post?
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              I'm right there, too. I think our best bet is guiding the Libertarian Party to a sensible plank on illegal immigration.
                              Well, since there's a Libertarian plank that would let you vote without ID (hey, as many times as you want in any place you like!) maybe you could work on changing that one, too? And this idea of treating consumers like doctors and getting rid of the FDA and hoping public knowledge of which people died using which untested drug will help them make informed choices on their own...I still think maybe that needs some work.

Avoiding alliances with other nations? Doesn't sound all that promising either. And on a personal note, I like our national parks, and would not like them sold to whoever happens to be richest right now.
                              ---
                              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X