• Show
Clear All

• Are you the lone person who DOES NOT hate EA? Well, here's your reason

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060831-7632.html

Re: Are you the lone person who DOES NOT hate EA? Well, here's your reason

«Get ammo, here!»

«Get spam, here!»

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

If you point your gun at the billboard and click it will open Internet Exploder for you.......
      --
      VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Ok, ok.. enough about the poor cats, already.

Guys, is this the third thread about this subject this week?
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Poor BF2142.. They are just whoring it out at this point.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Why does EA get all the blame? I've been staring at UnderArmor ads in SWAT4 for months now. I played a racing game five years ago with ads in it.
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
              Ok, ok.. enough about the poor cats, already.

Guys, is this the third thread about this subject this week?
              my bad, didn't see anything else about it.

Comment

At least it makes the games cheaper for the consumers.

I am sure Mountain Dew signs will be all over the place on 2142. lol..
                (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

When they can sell me real pizza and beer while I play the game, all will be forgiven.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                    When they can sell me real pizza and beer while I play the game, all will be forgiven.
                    Smart in-game game billboards, that display your local Pizza Hut delivery number. I mean, I heard Everquest already has a console command to order pizza (not kidding).
                    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                      Why does EA get all the blame? I've been staring at UnderArmor ads in SWAT4 for months now. I played a racing game five years ago with ads in it.

I love the movie posters in Swat 4!
                      I remember I was playing, remember I wanted to see a certain movie, but forgot when it was being released, looked up on the wall and there it was! didnt have to tab out!
                      |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by IRS_Agent View Post
                        Smart in-game game billboards, that display your local Pizza Hut delivery number. I mean, I heard Everquest already has a console command to order pizza (not kidding).

no way man, that is lol funny.
                        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy View Post
                          no way man, that is lol funny.
                          It's true. In EQ2 the /pizza command would take you to pizza hut's order form on their website. The command was disabled though, probably due to community outcry. That was a year ago.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Aren't they making enough money by simply selling the games? I bet the upper management at EA swims in a large pool filled with gold coins like Scrooge McDuck. Jeez louise.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Anderson
                              The ads will initially appear in Battlefield 2142, apparently because gamers from the future have traveled back in time to tell EA that combat is only realistic when it features billboards promoting Visa. Need for Speed Carbon will also get the dynamic ad treatment, making the game look as realistic as your Friday night street races through Vegas. You do race through Vegas on Friday nights, don't you?

lmao !!
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...