Iran -the nuclear issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran -the nuclear issue

What do think about the Iran-USA dispute over the nuclear issue`?
    How should the US deal with this threat?

/discuss

Re: Iran -the nuclear issue

Fortunately, practical considerations should keep the US out of a shooting war. Short of a shooting war, I suspect that there is little that can possibly be done to keep Iran from acquiring these weapons, but the US should do everything reasonable to delay and attempt to keep Iran from going nuclear.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

That's just it, there's nothing we can do. Since a good chunk of the world despises us already I really think it wouldn't be a great plan to launch a war with them. Remember that we believed Iraq had WMD's and look how that is working itself out.

Comment

I thought is was "NUCULAR"? :p
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother View Post
          Remember that we believed Iraq had WMD's and look how that is working itself out.
          Yep. We've found more than 700 of them so far.:row__593:
          ---
          Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

lol what

Please tell me you're not referring to the 500 degraded shells that had been buried since 1988.

Comment

And another 200 found since then :)
              ---
              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
                Yep. We've found more than 700 of them so far.:row__593:
                I think Rick Santorum (R-PA) has already made this discredited claim.

http://www.drudge.com/news/82752/kay...orum-wmd-claim

"WASHINGTON - Hundreds of chemical weapons found in Iraq were produced before the 1991 Gulf War and probably are so old they couldn't be used as designed, intelligence officials said Thursday."
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Hope that an earthquake swallows up all the leaders of iran and their nuclear research facilities and computer viruses wipe out all their data.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                    I think Rick Santorum (R-PA) has already made this discredited claim.

http://www.drudge.com/news/82752/kay...orum-wmd-claim

"WASHINGTON - Hundreds of chemical weapons found in Iraq were produced before the 1991 Gulf War and probably are so old they couldn't be used as designed, intelligence officials said Thursday."
                    "He was in possession of a gun!"
                    "It's not a gun if it's old!"

The idea that the claim we found those things is discredited because they were old is lame. These were weapons that the regime claimed to have destroyed. They were not. But it's neither here nor there. We could have found a working nuclear bomb under Saddam's pillow and you people would have complained that it wasn't a "stockpile."

Discredit this claim:

Saddam and his military leadership believed they had chemical weapons they could use against the US military during the 2003 invasion.

We know this for a fact. And if Iraq believed it had these WMD's, complaining that we were wrong about them seems a little ridiculous.
                    ---

Comment

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity View Post
                      lol what

Comment

Considering seven hundred degraded and unusable shells to be "Weapons of Mass Destruction" stretches the definition so far as to make every semi-modern military country on earth a WMD nation. An individual citizen could make a more lethal chemical device. An example.
                        Last edited by Nikolas; 09-03-2006, 06:44 PM.
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
                          Discredit this claim:

Saddam and his military leadership believed they had chemical weapons they could use against the US military during the 2003 invasion.

We know this for a fact. And if Iraq believed it had these WMD's, complaining that we were wrong about them seems a little ridiculous.
                          Saddam's generals believed Iraq was in possession of chemical weapons. Saddam himself knew this not to be the case. In the days before the war, he called his generals in and informed them of this fact. They were horrified, and knew immidiately that the war was lost before it had begun - they were counting on the use of these nonexistant weapons. This information is freely available in a past issue (May/June & online) of Foreign Affairs, titled "Saddam's Delusions." It has also been mentioned in past issues of The Economist.

"[Saddam] has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction." - Colin Powell speaking in Cairo, Egypt, February 24, 2001. Audio Link.
                          Last edited by Nikolas; 09-03-2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

During the war I saw a lot of information that conflicts that version of events.
                            ---

Comment

What you saw during the war is called misinformation or incorrect information. What I linked to is good information. Read it yourself. Sources don't get much more reliable than Foreign Affairs and The Economist.

Kevin Woods is a defense analyst in Washington, D.C. James Lacey is a military analyst for the U.S. Joint Forces Command. Williamson Murray is Class of 1957 Distinguished Visiting Professor of History at the U.S. Naval Academy. Along with Mark Stout and Michael Pease, they were the principal participants in the USJFCOM Iraqi Perspectives Project.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X