Football dad/coach tackles player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football dad/coach tackles player

Football dad goes apes**t on 14 year old player after late hit.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/05/foo....ap/index.html

I still can't understand why people get this worked up during pee wee sporting events.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Football dad/coach tackles player

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
    Football dad goes apes**t on 14 year old player after late hit.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/05/foo....ap/index.html

I still can't understand why people get this worked up during pee wee sporting events.
    Because if you see someone hurt your child, the only thing on your mind is protection and retribution.

Not that I agree at all with what he did, but I understand where that type of feeling comes from.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I dunno. I have watched my father sit quietly in a bear trap for 4 years before finally unleashing the whoop-ass, figuratively speaking. "Beware the wrath of the patient man" is more our family motto.

I saw a story recently about a man who killed a neighbor after the man's wife told him the neighbor had been molesting their child. Now... I guess we can all sympathize with *wanting* to take that sort of action, but what did it accomplish? Now instead of having a father around to help the child get over the damage done, the child has the additional burden of a jailed, convicted felon for a father. GG dood.

IMO part of being a father is to demonstrate what is possible once a man moves beyond adolescent behavior.

But, the guy was there, at the game, rooting for his son. The story says a brawl ensued, so it seems there were plenty of asshats in the stands.

Comment

If the father didn't want his kid to get hit, he shouldn't put him on the football field. On the video it looks like the player for the 'Bears' didn't realize the play was over and the dad totally overreacted. In either case, its a game. There are penalties for that kind of stuff.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

This is why I am in cross country :row__573: .
          The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
          #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
          83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

I have a somewhat similiar experience with horrible parents. I refereed soccer a year ago for a under 12 boys game. I think it was a small 3 vs 3 tournament to raise funds for some disease research. Anyway, kid slide tackles and in our 3 vs 3 tourny, that was an automatic yellow card. I gave the kid a yellow card, and his dad just ran onto the field and literally started cussing me out for it. Ended up having to toss the asshat off the entire complex with the help of the referee coordinator. I got paid double for it though, so alls well :)

Comment

In high school we had a really small guy on my team. I mean damn near dwarf small. Anyways, in our last game of the season the coach put him in almost the entire game. This kid was padded up the wazzoo. He had pads covering every part of his body. At one point an opposing player attacked him by repeatedly hitting him on the ground. The stands yelled and complained, the ref tossed the player and we laughed because we knew he had more than adequate padding.

Now about this dad. He's an idiot and I don't think anyone here disagrees with that. His kid in in a FULL CONTACT sport and very protected. I mean the equipment he is wearing will protect him from full collision with another player and dad is upset he got knocked to the ground? Classic.

However, I fully understand the "protection and retribution" concept. Once my eldest (8 at the time) was knocked to the ground pretty forcefully by some teenage kids in a crowded area of the county fair. The placed was so packed that people were half stepping. These kids were running through the crowd like Barry Sanders. Needless to say I restrained myself but I gave the kids such a verbal and public tongue lashing that for a brief moment my wife got worried (see protection and retribution). I, However, kept my cool (didn't wanna) and after I saw the look of abject horro on one particular kid's face I realized I got message across and told them to git. It still remains a fond memory and it felt good to righteously stand up for my son.

The guy on the video is still an idiot though. Did you see at the end of the video where the mug shot of the dad shows he's got lots bruising on the face? Niiiice !!!
              "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X