• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman in wheelchair shoots mugger

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/09/whe....ap/index.html

Best part

Originally posted by article
    "There's not much to it," she said in a brief interview. "Somebody tried to mug me, and I shot him."
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Re: Woman in wheelchair shoots mugger

Although, wouldn't it be tough to shoot someone with a gun in one hand and the other hand pushing the wheelchair wheel....in that instance, granny would be doing a nice circle strafe
    |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

Guns really are great equalizers...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

[email protected] strafe
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Ransack View Post
          Although, wouldn't it be tough to shoot someone with a gun in one hand and the other hand pushing the wheelchair wheel....in that instance, granny would be doing a nice circle strafe
          Not if it's a powered wheelchair. Then, you're using a joystick and a real gun. I think some sort of paradox forms out of it though if later she goes plays a FPS...

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Nobody's mentioned that she did the impossible without being rich and famous: she got a CCW in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations View Post
              Not if it's a powered wheelchair. Then, you're using a joystick and a real gun. I think some sort of paradox forms out of it though if later she goes plays a FPS...
              Mini-Granny tank!

The scary part would be if she was screaming "Spawn on Me!"
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

He'll never be seen in his gang again.

"YO! You got WHAT?, You GOT WHAT?!"
                "Yo,yo, man, it was an armed granny"
                "YO! You got POPPED by a Granny - I oughta cap yo a$$ myself - you so WEAK"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
                  He'll never be seen in his gang again.

"YO! You got WHAT?, You GOT WHAT?!"
                  "Yo,yo, man, it was an armed granny"
                  "YO! You got POPPED by a Granny - I oughta cap yo a$$ myself - you so WEAK"
                  I just shot coffee out of my nose. That really hurts...
                  Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Ransack View Post
                    Actually, shooting someone while sitting down is a lot easier than standing up because you aren't worried about an unstable firing stance. Hell, just kneeling makes me able to shoot one-handed much better.

Originally posted by JMJ View Post
                    Nobody's mentioned that she did the impossible without being rich and famous: she got a CCW in NYC.
                    IMO, these are the people who really should be looking to get their concealed carry permits: people who look weak and are unable to put up a good fight in a confrontation. I'm 6'1" 225 lbs. I'm by no means "huge," but I'm a fairly large guy who walks with his head held high and looks people in the eye everywhere I go (My friends call it my "arrogant stride"). Most criminals (muggers, etc) aren't going to mess with me (I say most, not all).

Granny in her wheelchair looks like an easy mark, but can make a person think twice about acosting her if he thinks she might be packing a handgun.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                      Actually, shooting someone while sitting down is a lot easier than standing up because you aren't worried about an unstable firing stance. Hell, just kneeling makes me able to shoot one-handed much better.

IMO, these are the people who really should be looking to get their concealed carry permits: people who look weak and are unable to put up a good fight in a confrontation. I'm 6'1" 225 lbs. I'm by no means "huge," but I'm a fairly large guy who walks with his head held high and looks people in the eye everywhere I go (My friends call it my "arrogant stride"). Most criminals (muggers, etc) aren't going to mess with me (I say most, not all).

Granny in her wheelchair looks like an easy mark, but can make a person think twice about acosting her if he thinks she might be packing a handgun.
                      I agree with you, but my point was that it's basically impossible to get a CCW in NYC unless you are extremely wealthy and contribute to some political cause, or are extremely famous. Everyone else gets told to pound sand. I'd love to hear how she got hers.

Comment

Originally posted by JMJ View Post
                        I agree with you, but my point was that it's basically impossible to get a CCW in NYC unless you are extremely wealthy and contribute to some political cause, or are extremely famous.
                        I doubt it's that simple. Most "extremely" wealthy and famous people don't need CCWs because they can afford to hire security guards for themselves. I doubt by paying off some diplomat scores you a CCW.

Everyone else gets told to pound sand. I'd love to hear how she got hers.
                        Probably by being handicapped and putting the time and effort to compel a judge (or whoever you need to convince) to let her have one. I'm sure a grandmother in a wheelchair who has to go run errands on her own in a bad part of town spends a lot less time explaining why she needs one that just your average citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                          I doubt it's that simple. Most "extremely" wealthy and famous people don't need CCWs because they can afford to hire security guards for themselves. I doubt by paying off some diplomat scores you a CCW.

Probably by being handicapped and putting the time and effort to compel a judge (or whoever you need to convince) to let her have one. I'm sure a grandmother in a wheelchair who has to go run errands on her own in a bad part of town spends a lot less time explaining why she needs one that just your average citizen.
                          Well, from the discussions that I've had with friends, cops and lawyers in New York City, I think that JMJ is on the mark here. If you aren't some sort of "friend" of a judge in NYC, you don't get a CCW. And a New York state CCW is not valid in NYC.

Ridiculous.
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                            Mini-Granny tank!

The scary part would be if she was screaming "Spawn on Me!"
                            Must...not...request...creation...in...photoshop.. .

-Zephyr
                            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                            We are not a single game.
                            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X