Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Bush shot!!?!! (fiction)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...3&in_a_source=

Found this via Leejo's last link, and thought y'all might find it interesting...

The movie unfolds as a retrospective documentary that interviews fictional former Secret Service and FBI investigators and members of the Bush administration after the President's death.

They discuss the run up to a speech Bush was to give in Chicago 2007 and how 12,000 demonstrators took to the streets waving placards which read 'War Is Terrorism' and 'Stop Bush'.

The film use archival footage of Bush actually arriving in Chicago, combining it with actors playing his various aides. After Bush makes a speech we see him in a holding room taking a breather before exiting the hotel's conference centre.

A fictional Secret Service officer recalls how he had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that something was wrong.' He (Bush) looked at me and said, 'Larry is there a problem?'

The Secret Service man, Larry, responded that there wasn't a problem. Even so we see him scanning the crowds looking into the eyes of those waiting.

Seconds later shots are fired and Bush slumps to the ground. There are news bulletins about him being taken to hospital and later we learn of his passing.

Perhaps, the most chilling moment, for some, comes when Vice president Cheney is named President. There's a scene of him delivering an eulogy, another clever use of computer generated imagery and voice doctoring.

Make your own mind up about the controversial movie that's outraged America by clicking on the link above.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: President Bush shot!!?!! (fiction)

I've been reading about this for a couple of weeks.

I'm shocked that nobody ever explained to the director the tremendous irony that his film, which supposedly exposes the "current environment" in America, can only do so by killing and replacing America's leader.
    ---
    Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Wait, is that irony? Where's Leejo?

Yeah, I might disagree with the political statement that is trying to be made, but I'd really like to see this film.

Ever read any of Turtledove's alternative history novels? Pretty cool...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have his WWII series, but not the Civil War stuff. Fun reads, all.
        ---
        Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

The movie was shown at the Toronto Intern'l Film festival.
          There was a column about it in the paper this weekend.

I'd like to go see it too.

Lol, I just read the comments at the bottom of the link, what a laugh.
          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X