Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 'greener' way to kill someone

*snicker*

BAE has announced the use of more environmentally friendly materials in their weapons.. and bullets..

Originally posted by ElReg
    Included in the list of tree-hugging hardware is the "lead-free" bullet, offering clear advantages over the traditional variety which "can harm the environment and pose a risk to people".
    Full article here.
    sigpic

Re: A 'greener' way to kill someone

If you live anywhere near a munitions facility, or if you handle munitions regularly like soldiers do, this is actually a real concern.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

Hey kids, now you can slaughter rival gangs without damaging the fragile inner-city eco-systems! Finally, you can sleep soundly at night knowing that your drive-bys have no negative side-effects.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I think it is like when they use alcohol to clean the area of a prisoner before giving him a lethal injection... LOL!

I say this tounge in cheek of course...or is that foot in mouth...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Please don't think I am being insensitive. I am well versed in the problems of lead in post-war torn areas and the problems it poses to repopulating those areas.

However.. it's still funny to say that, "lead in bullets poses a hazard to human life".. or did you see that part about 'quieter bombs'?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not thinking that bullets used against other humans are the concern here. Instead, consider the number of rounds expended in training. Troops use the same range over and over and over and that's a lot of lead in that berm. And with small arms on indoor ranges, you must consider the amount of vaporized or powdered lead that is breathed during training even with the best ventilation systems. And, as Steeler pointed out, there's the danger of just handling lead. Rub a chunk of lead with your finger and then look at it. You think that if your hand looks like it's been covered with pencil marks is safe? Some of that lead is getting absorbed into your bloodstream.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Heheh... nobody is saying there isn't a use for lead-free ammunition. It's a joke, people!

:icon_lol:
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Reminds me of when I lived on Naval Air Station Alameda and they were getting ready to close the base. They found something like 12 tons of leaking unexploded ordinance buried underground on the base from world war II that had polluted parts of the base so badly that they siad it was unsafe to walk within 100 feet of the area. California EPA was not thrilled with this and found several things in their 185,000 page rulebook to throw at the US government about it. No, im not kidding, the Cal EPA rulebook si literally 185,000 pages long. Wonderful to know that I grew up playing soccer on a field built on top of that waste dump...and why do I glow in the dark?

EDIT:
                Speaking of lead-free ammo, did anyone ever see that episode of CSI where the guy made his own bullets out of frozen hamburger meat? I always thought that was cool.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X