• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Laden dead?

http://english.ohmynews.com/ArticleV...no=1&back_url=

Mission Accomplished? heh.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Bin Laden dead?

I was just reading about this on another site and it says of course that the U.S. (among others) are denying the story's validity... but it would be nice if it were true.

()

Comment

Isn't this the fourth or fifth time that the French have "reliably" reported that he's dead?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
        I was just reading about this on another site and it says of course that the U.S. (among others) are denying the story's validity... but it would be nice if it were true.
        No, the only NICE way for him to die would be while eating American lead.

Comment

Or eating lead or any nation....as long as he dies, we're fine with that. Though we're PREFER to shoot him ourselves.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Why are we (the American government) so bad at assassinating people? Why can't we be more like the old KGB or the Mossad?

Comment

to quote both cnn and foxnews "rumors circulate on a very frequent basis of bin laden's death."
              he probably isnt dead. the contradicting report says he has a water-borne infection or virus, which doesnt surprise me because hes hiding out and probably doesnt have good plumbing.
              Its not so much that were not good at assassinating people, but you have to think about something with bin laden. he's the unquestioned leader of al qaeda. these people are islamics. martyrs mean a lot to them. if we kill him, he becomes a martyr and they'll use that as an excuse for more actions. if hes alive and running around like a chicken with his head cut off, he's gonna have a much harder time planning further attacks. besides, hes on dialysis and pushing on his later years in life, hes not very long for this world anyway.

Comment

Let's hope the French are right this time.

But who's to say someone wont take his place (Or already has).
                Oyee

Comment

I heard this on Coast to Coast AM on Friday night! Who'd have expected them to be the first on a new ground-breaking story? :)

Comment

I have maintained that he's been dead for years now. I suspect that the US prefers that the general public believe that he is alive, for the obvious reasons.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'm curious, Tempus. What would cause you to change your mind? Does he have to call into a radio show? Do you have to see him in person? Do you need DNA?

What would convince you that he's alive, or that he was alive beyond the date you began maintaining your decision that he was dead?

I ask because it poses an interesting challenge for someone trying to convince someone else that another someone else is still alive. It's the opposite of what you hear about Elvis. Once someone decides that Elvis is still alive, despite suggestions to the contrary, how do you convince him otherwise?
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I believe he is dead simply because of his very notable absence these past several years, which I consider to be out of character. There was a report way back then that it was suspected that he was seriously injured in the fighting in Afghanistan, and it seems to me this could be a likely moment of his death.

I know that an audio tape was supposedly released not too long ago from him, and the voice was 'verified' by the government, but that does not convince me.

Obviously, there is no way I will ever be able to prove it one way or the other, and I personally am skeptical of anything that comes from the government, so this is just one of those things that will perhaps never be solved for me.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                          I have maintained that he's been dead for years now. I suspect that the US prefers that the general public believe that he is alive, for the obvious reasons.
                          It wouldn't surprise me, but I've seen no evidence either way, and until I do, I'll assume that we should continue hunting...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            ....and pushing on his later years in life, hes not very long for this world anyway.

Kinda like Castro :row__630:

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

I'm with Tempus on this one, I'm fairly certain he's plasma on a cave wall somewhere. I think the government has more reasons to maintain that he's alive than they do reasons to celebrate a victory over his death or capture.

As far as what it would take to convince me he's alive? Well, something much more substantial than an audio tape that just happens to show up once a year or so. He'd have to be captured alive, really; I wouldn't even trust his body showing up suddenly as proof that he died just the other day.
                              [squadl]
                              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X